The book of anything and everything

Not wanting to hang out with Pansy, who now always insist on accompanying her if she got the chance , Harley hurried to the library as soon as the bell rang . Harley did enjoy the solitude but it wasn't the case that she disliked company. It was -simply put - better to be alone than be with morons.

The library was unusually full of students. Students who were searching for information on chamber of secrets. Harley was not interested in that. She already knew the story.

If slytherin were to choose a monster, it has to be a snake. And he wouldn't use a garden snake, would he? He'd use the most dangerous one. The question was what is the most dangerous snake. Harley would choose a Basilisk considering the situation. As for sharing the information, no one really asked her. And Dumbledore probably knew more than her.

Unlike her heroic little twin, who had to get involved in literally everything, Harley didn't want to go looking for trouble. Never mind that trouble does seem to find her anyway. Maybe it's something genetic - attracting all the trouble in a mile radius .

Harry Potter  was officially the first to discover the words on the wall. Even though Harley was the one who actually did that. She had a feeling that Snape was protecting her.

People already had doubts if she were the heir, only because her second name was Black. If they were to know that she was the one who was the one to spot it first, well they would be hundred percent sure.

Harry was suspected because he was the one to be in the site - which seemed foolish to Harley, Harry Potter who was best friends with a muggle born ,had a muggle born mother and was brought up in a muggle household, killing muggleborns? Not a chance. And he'd never hurt that Granger girl.

She felt that the Heir, if there is actually a heir, would be a first year. Afterall why would someone wait years to do such a thing?

Harley cleared her mind of these useless thoughts . She wandered among the bookshelves , running a finger over their spines. She wasn't there for any specific book so she planned to browse around until something caught her eye. She sighed, she missed muggle books.

Harley paused when she saw a book, without any title. It had a black leather cover with Red-gold designs that kept shifting. Curious ,she opened the book. To find that it was blank.

That piqued her interest. She had to find out what it contains. For she was sure it had something unique in it. Otherwise why would it be in the library? She brought it over to the table where her bag was placed. Then started searching for a book on revealing and anti-illusion spells.

✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖

Harley looked up from her book when someone plopped down in the seat opposite to hers their bag bumping against the stack of books she had found after about an hour of searching.

"So sorry, Harley "
An embarrassed looking Neville muttered as he bent down to pick them up. Harley took a deep breath, suppressing her annoyance as she helped. It wasn't like she needed more bad reputation.

"No worries. What brings you here? Other than the presence of books I mean "
"The presence of homework? "

Harley nodded solemnly .
"Potions? "
"Yeah... Snape gave us a lot. "

"Neville, I'm in your class. Don't exaggerate. "
Harley rolled her eyes .She had finished the three essays ages ago.

"But he did give us a lot. "
"Maybe but compared to professor Binns', well 't was nothing but a scratch "

"A scratch? "
"Don't mind that. I'm just quoting something. "

"So you finished your homework? "
She nodded. Neville hesitated for a moment before asking the next question.
" If it's not a bother, Can you help me with it ? You know how terrible I am at it"

"You are not that bad, Neville. I'm sure you'd do good with a little more practice. As for your question, I'm happy to help "
"Thanks .Hermione used to help me before,now... "

Now Hermione Granger was petrified. Harley did not want to discuss the topic.
"No problem, it's not like I have much do anyway. "

Harley spent the next hour searching for books for Neville. She'd also given him the notes she prepared prior to writing the essay .She went to Madam Pince after Neville left, to check out the three books she decided to bring back to the dormitory.

"Why did you put your personal book among the library books to be checked out? "
Madam Pince was holding the name less volume looking annoyed. The book wasn't from the library?

"I'm sorry Ma'am "
Harley quickly took it back, without a moment of hesitation. She could think about the book's origin later.

Madam Pince huffed but didn't say anything else.

✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖

Harley tried different spells on the book to vain. Nothing made the book show anything. Perhaps she was wrong, it was a simple note book.

Harley took a quill and wrote her name down on the first page. Nothing happened. So she flipped the page and started doodling.

Only the marks vanished. Not even the scratch mark of her quill stayed.
It made Harley frustrated. If it were just a plain book, she would have been disappointed but at least it was a closure. But this was just getting on her nerves.

She threw the book down hard, earning the attention of the entire common room. Some people nodded in understanding. As if they were able to understand anything of the situation.

Harley picked up the book, gave the room an apologetic smile and left to the girl's dorms. She resisted the urge to throw the book into the Fire place on her way. When she looked at it again, the cover had the words The Book of Everything and Anything  written on it. But everything else remained the same.

✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖  ✖╭╮✖

So hello my peeps,
♡(∩o∩)♡

I'm really thankful for all those votes 🤩.
I

t may not be really much but for someone who just recently started to write on watt pad, this is good.
And the tag ranking is more than I hoped for, during this short period.
😊😊😊😊
So thanks.

Also I'd love it if at least some of you commented.
I mean I would like to know how you feel about my story☺🤗😇.
It doesn't matter what kind of opinion you have, coz I'm all in for improvement.

And special thanks to those people who added this story to their reading list 💞. I have a feeling that it's because of your actions that I get readers.
Thank you.

Lots  of Lub 😍and kisses😘 💜
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ