Hippogriffs

Harley was exited for the Care of Magical Creatures class. Not because she was a fan of Hagrid like her twin, she didn't really know much of the except he was huge .But because she loved animals of all kind.

During her second year she had summoned a snake with serpentsortia though she had to give it up at the end of the year because of practicality.

Harley watched from the sidelines as Hagrid told them how to open their book- Monster Book of Monsters. Harley was ashamed to admit that she had no idea whatsoever before and had uses dog chain to bind it. (she had no access to magic at the time with the no magic outside school rule)

Hagrid took Hermione’s copy and ripped off the Spellotape that bound it. The book tried to bite, but He ran a giant forefinger down its spine, and the book shivered, and then fell open and lay quiet in his hand.

“Oh, how silly we’ve all been!” Malfoy sneered. “We should have stroked
them! Why didn’t we guess!”

“I — I thought they were funny,” Hagrid said uncertainly to Hermione.

“Oh, tremendously funny!” said Malfoy. “Really witty, giving us books that try and rip our hands off!”

“Shut up, Malfoy,” said Harry quietly.
Harley agreed with him. Malfoy needed to learn to control his tongue.

But she had to admit that it was Malfoy who had a point in this particular case. Harry was simply supporting his friend.
Meanwhile Harley wanted Malfoy to shut up because she did not want Hagrid to hate the entire Slytherins because of his antics.

Hagrid went off to get the beasts, whatever they were and Harry and Draco started bickering. Harley watched them the way one might observe the squabble of a pair of birds. It was fun.

Harley felt Gideon tug her sleeve for attention she looked away from the quarreling boys to see the beautiful creatures.

To say her breath left her would be an understatement.

They had the bodies, hind legs, and tails of horses. But the front legs, wings, and heads were that of giant eagles   with cruel, steel -colored beaks and large, brilliantly orange eyes. The talons on their front legs were half a foot long and deadly looking.

Harley had moved forward without knowing. She immediately cancelled out all the curses she had called whoever taught Care of Magical Creature when, she tackled the Monster Book.

“Gee up, there!” Hagrid roared, shaking the chains and urging the creatures toward the fence where the class stood. Everyone except Harley ,who was mesmerized as it was her first time seeing something like this, drew back slightly as he reached them and tethered the creatures to the fence.

“Hippogriffs!” Hagrid roared happily, waving a hand at them. “Beau’iful, aren'  they? ”
Harley agreed.

“So,” said Hagrid, rubbing his hands together and beaming around, “if yeh
wan’ ter come a bit nearer —”

Harley took a step forward and Gideon looked at her in pure shock. She didn't mind. He was a coward and they both knew that.
"Are you trying to get yourself killed? "
Malfoy whisper -shouted . Harley shrugged.

The golden trio joined her as she stepped near the beasts.

“Now, firs’ thing yeh gotta know abou’ hippogriffs is, they’re proud,”
said Hagrid.
“Easily offended, hippogriffs are. Don’t never insult one, ’cause it might be the last thing yeh do.”

“Yeh always wait fer the hippogriff ter make the firs’ move,”
Hagrid continued.
“It’s polite, see? Yeh walk toward him, and yeh bow, an’ yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh’re allowed ter touch him. If he doesn’ bow, then get away from him sharpish, ’cause those talons hurt. Right — who wants ter go first?”