Draco -Ferret -Malfoy

Till that point in her life, Harley prided herself for her love for all things alive (with the small exception of humans). Seeing Blast ended skrewts though, Harley found another thing to add to that list of exceptions .

The thing looked disgusting, smelt disgusting and was overall pretty much the most disgusting thing she saw. Harley wondered how Newt Scamander would describe it. The man had a love for beasts of all kind much like Hagrid, but he did have the sense to know what was dangerous and what was not. And why not admit it, Harley idolized Scamander.

“On’y jus’ hatched,” said Hagrid proudly, “so yeh’ll be able ter raise ’em yerselves! Thought we’d make a bit of a project of it!”

“And why would we want to raise them?” said Draco ,in a cold voice.

Harley wanted to second that .But she kept mum for her brother's sake. Harry was oddly very protective of Hagrid .

Hagrid looked stumped at the question.
“I mean, what do they do?” asked Malfoy. “What is the point of them?”

Hagrid opened his mouth, apparently thinking hard; there was a few seconds’ pause, then he said roughly,

“Tha’s next lesson, Malfoy. Yer jus’ feedin’ ’em today. Now, yeh’ll wan’ ter try ’em on a few diff’rent things — I’ve never had ’em before, not sure what they’ll go fer — I got ant eggs an’ frog livers an’ a bit o’ grass snake — just try ’em out with a bit of each.”

Harley hoped the creatures were allergic to at least one of those. The thing had stingers and suckers and obviously blasting ends. Harley got her hand burned as she put some ants eggs into the boxes. Thankfully she had quick reflexes so it was small.

“Ah, some of ’em have got stings,” said Hagrid enthusiastically when Lavender Brown an annoying gryffindor girl questioned the existence of the stingers.

“I reckon they’re the males. . . .The females’ve got sorta sucker things on their bellies. . . . I think they might be ter suck blood.”

“Well, I can certainly see why we’re trying to keep them alive,” said Draco sarcastically. “Who wouldn’t want pets that can burn, sting, and bite
all at once?”

“Just because they’re not very pretty, it doesn’t mean they’re not useful,”
Hermione snapped. “Dragon blood’s amazingly magical, but you wouldn’t
want a dragon for a pet, would you?”

“You do have a point Granger, except can you please be so kind as to tell us their wonderful uses? ” Harley asked, nursing the burn on the inside of her hand . If she let it heal the normal way, she wouldn't be writing for a week. Thank God for magic. But that doesn't mean she was going to forgive the skrewts or the man who hatched them.
To hell with caring for Harry's friends . It wasn't like he hated Professor Snape any less for her.

Hermione opened and closed her mouth. Even Miss know-it-all couldn't answer that. Great. Draco grinned at her. Hermione gave her a betrayed look. Harley mouthed sorry without anyone else noticing .

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Harley was walking towards the great hall after Arithmancy classes when she heard a commotion in there.

“And there’s a picture, Weasley!” Came the voice of none other than Draco Malfoy . “A picture of your parents outside their house — if you can call
it a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn’t she?”

Harley might have sided him at the Care of magical creatures but she wasn't one of his goons to support him always. She despised body shaming. She remembered Kreacher calling her overweight, when she was but a young  chubby child. Those words had made Harley starve herself at age of six for a couple of days before Sirius found out that she wasn't touching her food.