Lesson 1 on being a good brother

Harry had not talked to Harley since they came to school. Not because he didn't want to but because she probably didn't. And she was acting very snotty so Harry couldn't bring himself to take the initiative to talk to her. Even though she was looking very terrible of late, even though he was concerned, very concerned .

So yes, he didn't talk to her. That is until Hermione asked him and Ron to taunt her. Apparently to make people notice 'spew' .  And boy! Did the plan work.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Hermione waited for the slytherins to arrive, and for the drama to unfold . She had asked Harley to wear her S.P.E.W. badge but hadn't let her in on the rest of the plan. And knowing Harley, she would do great without any kind of plans. Unlike a certain pair of boys who had to be taught lines.

"Spew??What's that supposed to mean? "
"Maybe that she'd spew bullshit every other second "

Hermione averted her eyes from the blast ended skrewts. Harley had come, with her badge pinned on, in a way that it was half on the white shirt front and half on the robe. Hermione had asked her to pin it on her tie. Oh well. At least she did put on the badge.

The boys were acting better than Hermione thought. It didn't look scripted much. With the key word being much. Harley looked at them long and hard before answering.

"Its short for Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. And for the record any bullshit I say is more reliable than any of your brilliant thoughts"

"Finest example of bullshit ,right here"
Harry said.

"You just proved my point "
"No I didn't "

"Once someone told me that I'd meet someone so thick skulled that their skull wouldn't be able to be broken by a sledgehammer. I think I found the person " Harley smirked.

"Aaah, I guess that might explain how the boy who lived, actually lived"
A cold voice drawled.

Draco Malfoy .This wasn't a part of the plan. Harry and Ron where supposed to divert the attention back to S.P.E.W and Harley would have talked in it's support.

It was supposed to be a two birds in one stone move. Recruiting more members while showing that Griffindors that Harley was a person who cared for things.

Except with Malfoys presence everything seemed to go wrong.

Malfoy stood right next to Harley as if he was her backing. Malfoy raised his hand and they —Harley and Malfoy, hi-fied. While Harry clenched his fist so hard that his knuckles were white and Hermione could see a tick on his forehead.

This is bad. She'd already heard Harry worry about her enough without Malfoy acting all close with her. And last time she was saying that she hated Malfoy, but now...

Thankfully Hagrid called their attention to the class right then, effectively diffusing the fight before it actually happened. Yet, Hermione could see Harry staring daggers at Malfoy as he (Malfoy) hung around Harley.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Harry had decided to talk to Harley. Not simply because she was getting too chummy with Malfoy, though she was, but because she had started to look like an emaciated corpse. Again.

She had looked worse than this last year but it had improved over summer. Now though, all of it seems to go backwards.

Being next to her in Care of magical creatures, (because he didn't trust Malfoy and God forbid if Harry just stood by watching ), Harry couldn't help but notice that she looked like she'd fall asleep then and there.