6. 🤩

Its been a year since Nandini joined college and made friends with Navya. Manik has become her altime crush and she has started following him everywhere in the college. Be it be canteen, library or the play ground, she never misses a chance to have glimpse of him.

Her craziness reached its peaks when she started taking a picture of him everyday without anyone's notice and has kept a secret folder for him in her mobile. All this while, Navya was a silent spectator and chuckled at the 5 feet crazy girl. To these two girls, there was an addition named Sahil, who was an extremely shy and introvert guy who took his sweet time to get close with them.

Coming back to Nandini, she not only followed him whenever possible, but also tried to know what he likes, what and when he eats, who are his friends and how he behaves with his football team and many other minute things that was accessible for her.

Once her first year was over, she went to her home in holidays and saw her sister Naina, a bit gloomy and dull but chucked it without asking her, so lost in her crush's thoughts. She literally counted days to go back to college and see him.

'Is it love!?' When this question came across her little mind, she was quick to pat her head and managed to reply her sub conscious mind that she is mature enough to know the difference between crush, infatuation and love. 'And this is a mere infatuation' She concluded by herself.

Her 2nd year started and as ususal, she was enthusiastic to see him again after a long month of holidays. Her stomach never misses to give her butterflies whenever his manly cologne hits her nostrils while crossing her. Her cheeks never stayed in their original colour whenever he glances at her from far and just turns crimson red.

One such day, Nandini checked time and immediately took her bag to leave. Navya and Sahil who were coming back from canteen, stopped her while Sahil asked "Hey Nandini...We have another class...Where are you going...!?"

Before Nandini could reply, Navya chuckled and said "Aur kaha...!!? Inter college football match is going to start...and Manik will be playing..."

"Manik...!? Arey heard that he is a playboy...Why are you behind him...!? He might take advantage of you as well..." Sahil commented which irked Nandini and she snapped back saying "Did you see...!? Did you see that he is a playboy...!? Agar advantage hi lena tha toh, he would have done that on the day one itself when he saved me...So...I dare you to say that again..."

"Relax Nandini..." Navya tried to ease the situation but she glared at both of them before saying "Out of the whole college, I have never imagined that you both will be passing judgements based on some rumours...especially you Sahil..."

She sprinted towards the ground ignoring Navya's calls while Sahil stood with a guilt face.

"Why...Why...Why...!? Why does people have to pass a comment on someone or something the other person likes...!?? They shouldn't have said that...atleast not in front of me...!!! It's disrepecting the person's likes and choices...Why don't people understand...!!!" Nandini murmured while walking towards the ground and checked the time exclaiming "Match might have started...Pcchhh..."

But to her surprise, there was some discussion going on between team leaders and the coach. She sighed thanking the god and sat in the gallery and the match started a few minutes later. She cheered her lungs out and clapped her hands whenever Manik made a goal.

Her eyes watered when their team won and Manik was applauded. She saw that the crowd moved to their college team to congratulate and bit her lower lip thinking whether to go or not.

'Why to miss a chance...!!' She thought and moved along with other students and by the time she was about to reach him, her heartbeat increased like always. Just when her turn came, the coach called Manik and he rushed towards him making her twitch her lips and sigh at her luck.