24. 🫠

Manik just stood looking at Nandini while she made her way to bed and laid on her side. He sighed and walked to bed and laid beside her but sleep was far away from him.

The next morning, by the time he woke up, Nandini came out adjusting her saree pleats and they looked at each other wordlessly.

He came out after refreshing and saw Nandini applying her eyeliner and she said “I’ll get your coffee…”

He nodded and before she could go out of their room, he called her “Nandu” and she came back.

“Jii” She said but gasped in surprise when he pulled her by her waist and held her cheeks between his fingers. Her lips turned into a pout as he softly pressed his cheeks and he smooched her lips at once.

Her fingers moved into his hair as he deepened the kiss and she clutched his vest tightly when he bit her lower lip at the corner.

She bent her head down with a blush and he kissed her forehead saying “I love you”

Her eyes moistened but was strong to stop her tears and went to get his coffee while he looked at his fingers and took the tissues to wipe them.

While she went down happily, Neela ma came in front of her with the tray of his coffee and gasped at once seeing Nandini’s face.

“Arey thank you Neela ma…You have got it at the right time…Dijiye…” She said and took the tray from her and rushed upstairs.

Neela ma immediately took her mobile and informed “Kal mere saamne toh ruk gaya par bandh darwaje ke peeche bechari kya kya seh rahi hai patha hai…!??? Thappad maara hai wo…Gaal pe nishaan hai…” (Yesteray, he stopped in front of me but do you know what she is bearing behind those closed doors!? He slapped her. There are marks on her cheek.)

Manik smiled taking the coffee and frowned a little saying “There’s something on your cheek”

When she was about to check in the mirror, he stopped her and he himself wiped her cheek with the tissue. He pointed her lip with a smile and she blushed before correcting it with a shade of lipstick.

“I’ll get the breakfast ready…Aap aa jayiye…” She said and went to help Neela ma in preparing breakfast.

“Beta…Sab thik hai…!?” Neela ma asked once she saw Nandini’s face not having the marks that she has seen few minutes back and she nodded in yes with a smile and continued with the breakfast.

“Bahut shaatir hai yeh admi” (This man is too intelligent) Neela ma thought and asked “Kal raat Sir bahut gusse mein thei na…Kya hua…!?” (Last night, he was so angry. What happened?) and Nandini replied “Unka gussa aisa hi hai Neela ma…Naak pe rehta hai…Aadat si ho gayi hai mujhe…” (His anger is like that. I got used to it)

“Nandini” Manik called out before Neela ma could ask further and Nandini was busy serving him breakfast.

Once he was done, he stood to leave and said “I’ll send the driver…Send lunch with him…”

“Jii” She said and walked him till the door and came back.

“Beta…Tu ne pucha hai kya tujhe kaam chodne kyun bola hai Sir ne…!?” (Did you ask him why he asked you to quit your job?) Neela ma asked and Nandini said “Nahi Neela ma…Agar meri job hi problem hai toh hum dhonon ke beech, mujhe wo nahi chahiye…” (No…If my job is the problem in between us, then I don’t need it)

“Yeh ladki poori pagal ho gayi hai uss rakshas ke peeche” Neela ma thought. (This girl has become mad behind that monster)

The day went by with the daily household chores and in between Neela ma trying to gather information about their marital life. But none of Nandini’s answers satisfied her though she said the truth of being happy with Manik. Neela ma felt that Nandini was acting in front of her and thinks that Manik mistreats her.

That night, when dinner was done, Manik hovered over Nandini while she was laying on the bed and said “Seems it’s been a long time”

“Ahaa…!! It’s just been 5 days Manik…Waise office mein sab kaisa hai…!?? Were you able to work without me around you…!?” She asked and he looked away.

“Manik…” She called out and cupped his face and asked “The other day, even when I asked you for leave, you took me to office saying that you can’t stay away from me…Then aaj kya hua Manik…!? What has changed…!?”

He closed his eyes taking a deep breath and said “You said you trust me right…!?”

She nodded and he continued “Then trust me completely…No questions…”

“Did I do something wrong…!?” She asked and he moved closer to say “Just trust me that whatever I do is for your happiness…YOUR COMPLETE HAPPINESS…”

“Meri happiness toh aap ho Manik…” She said and he smiled before capturing her lips.

The next morning, Nandini came out after a long warm bath to relax her muscles and smiled seeing her husband sprawled all over the bed. She moved to the vanity and took the first aid box.

She looked at her wrist where the scratch of bangle made a mark of dried blood. She remembered the events from last night which continued till morning and Manik unknowingly broke one of her glass bangles. Even she didn’t realize till the hot water touched it and shook her head before applying bandage over it.

Her cheeks turned red looking at his love bites on her neck and she took the foundation to cover them.

“Shy or ashamed to showcase my love…!?” Came his question from her back making her frown.

“What…!?” She asked knitting her eyebrows and he wore his boxers before making his way towards her.

“Arey you were covering your marks even when you will be staying home…That’s why I was asking…Are you feeling shy or are you ashamed of your husband’s love…!?” He said taking the foundation cream from her hands.

She gritted her teeth and said “Neither”

“So why this…!?” He asked showing her the cream and she tossed it into the dustbin and smacked his arm before leaving the room, making him rub the place but smile in victory.

“Kuch bhi bolte rehte hai…Monster…Akdu…” She kept on scolding him in the kitchen while preparing coffee and Neela ma was noticing her.

The doorbell rang making her stop her actions and before Neela ma could get up from cutting vegetables, Nandini went to open the door.

“Mein dekthi hu” She said and opened the door and stood like a statue in shock.

“Who is that Nandu…!?” Manik asked while coming down but stopped in his tracks looking at the door.

Ignore mistakes...