9. 🥹

April 16th, 4 years ago

It's been 5 months since Nandini's assignment got finished and like Manik wanted and wished, she scored the highest. Their bond too grew closer as the daily meets and texts continued even after the assignment but none spoke their heart out.

"Hey..." Manik wished when Nandini was sitting on the divider of their college, lost in her thoughts.

"Hi..." She replied with a small smile and he stretched his hands saying "My exams are done...and now I'll be free from this college..."

She just smiled sadly and he sighed before asking "Nandini...I'm seeing you from past one week...You are so dull and gloomy...You went home and tab se you are like this...Kya hua...!?"

She nodded in nothing but he insisted by saying "Ghar pe kuch...!?"

Seeing her silent, he kept his hand on hers and said "Share karlo Nandini...You will feel better..."

"My didi...She loved someone and...last week...she went away with him and got married... Don't even ask what all tamasha happened after that...My dad was so furious...and asked her not to show her face again...Dad ka BP badd gaya and he was hospitalized...Wo mera exams hai isliye I had to come back..." She said and he was shocked hearing her and asked "Nandini....Itna sab kuch hua...!? Why didn't you tell me...!?"

"What can you do Manik...!?" She said with a sad smile and he clutched her hand saying "Kabhi kabhi share karna zaroori hota hai Nandini...Not because the person will do something but they can just be your moral support so that you can deal it by yourself..."

"I'm sorry" She said and he replied "You don't need to be sorry...How is your father now...!? And sister...!?"

"Dad is fine now...and didi se toh I can't even show my face and talk... Whenever I went home, I used to see her dull and lost...But I have never asked her...I was busy with my own things...I should have spoken to her...Share kar leti wo...She stressed herself all alone jab Dad was looking for alliances...I feel so guilty about that..." She said while wiping her tears.

Manik sighed and said "You never know Nandini...Even after sharing with you, she might have done the same thing... Don't feel guilty about it...Atleast try to talk to her now...Ab make her feel that you are there for her and not against her..."

"I think you are right...I'll call her at night..." She said and Manik smiled and said to divert the topic "Waise...you won't be having all these problems na..."

Seeing her frown at him, he chuckled and said "You don't love anyone...and so there is no chance of all these drama..."

She gasped at once and gulped before getting up while Manik's smile dropped seeing her upset again.

"You are right...There is no chance...Neither from my parents nor from the man I love..." She said.

"Nandini" He called out standing up but she showed her hand to stop him and said "Aaj bol hi deti hu...Your exams are done and we will not be able to meet like this...And now ek last hope thi...wo bhi gaya with your words..."

She turned to the other side and said "I'm sorry but I can't look into your eyes and tell all this...I used to have a crush on you...Pagal thi mein aapke piche...My whole year went in stalking you...following wherever you went...canteen, library, playground...ek jagah bhi nai where I didn't follow you...Bas aapki ek glimpse ke liye...Your small smile used to make my day brighter...But you never noticed me...I'm not complaining though..."

She wiped her tears and continued "I don't know when my feelings changed from crush to love...I know I shouldn't get my hopes high but mera dil nai maan raha tha....But today...I understood that you never had and will never have any feelings for me...It's only me who have all the feelings...It's only me who love you..."