18. 🫶

"Nandini beta...Come here..." Nandini's father called her when she was starting to office.

"Jii dad" She said sitting beside him.

"Beta...Only 3 weeks left for marriage...Leave and all check kar lena...and...Manik bete se baat hua...He said you guys want an initimate wedding with only family and close relatives...Agar kisi friends or colleagues ko bulana hai toh, you guys decide and invite them..." He said and she smiled nodding.

"Aur haan...If possible come early... Wedding cards select karna hai..." He said when she was at the door and she smiled saying "You choose it Dad..."

After few hours in the office,

"Miss Murthy...In my cabin..." Manik said after dialing to her desk and she sighed before walking to his cabin and knocked at the door.

"Sir" She called out and he looked from his laptop and said "Oh yeah Miss Murthy...I have seen your email regarding leave request for a week...and you just mentioned as personal reason... May I know the reason...!?"

"Now he wants to play this....!!! God this man...!!!!" She thought rolling her eyes and faked a professional smile before saying "Sir... It's my wedding..."

"Ohh wow... Congratulations Miss Murthy... Aren't we invited...!?" He asked with a smirk.

"Wo actually sir...My husband wants it to be an intimate ceremony with only close relatives...We are yet to discuss on the reception and then we'll invite everyone sir..." She said playing along with him.

"Ohh it's okay...So is it love or arranged marriage...if I may ask ..!?" He said rolling the paper weight on his table and she sighed replying "Love and arranged sir..."

"Cool...What does he do...!?" He asked.

"Other than irritating me...!? Well, he is also an architect Sir..." She replied and he suppressed his smile before saying "Nice...But Miss Murthy...Why only one week...!?? You know right...our company provides 15 working days of leave for marriage... Didn't you guys plan anything...!? I mean honeymoon as such..."

She narrowed her eyes while gritting her teeth playfully and said "No sir...We didn't have that discussion yet...and I'm not sure if my husband is that romantic anymore..."

Manik widened his eyes and cleared his throat before saying "You never know Miss Murthy...Better have a word with your husband and send another mail extending your leave...I'll approve it...You can join back if you don't have any plans...And...All the best for your wedding and married life..."

"Thank you so much sir..." She said and turned to leave while he smiled.

She walked till the door but turned back whining "Manikkkk"

"You can't call your boss with his first name..." He said with a tone of mischief and she stomped her feet as he wasn't ready to drop the act.

She walked to him and made her way to his lap while he smiled holding her waist and she said "Enough now...Now tell me...What did you plan for honeymoon...!?"

He chuckled and said "So desperate Mrs.Malhotra...!?"

She pouted making him smile and peck her pout and said "I haven't decided anything...How will I do without your inputs...!? I have few places on my mind though...Do you have anything to suggest...!?"

"All I have on my mind is to get married without any drama or problems...and nothing else..." She said keeping her head on his shoulder and he said "Kyun...!? Why are you so worried...!? Everything is going fine right...!? Then...!?"

"Yeah but...I just don't want any unnecessary troubles now..." She said slowly.

"Aisa kuch nai hoga...Relax...I have managed everything and all is well...You just concentrate on your shopping...rituals...anddddd...honeymoon..." He said making her smile.