8. 🤨

"Ache kaandhaan ka rishta hai sir" The marriage bureau guy said over the call to Nandini's father.

"Tell about the groom first..." He asked and the guy replied "Sir he is very good looking...well educated...Bahut sanskar hai..."

Her father smiled while the guy continued "And khud ka company hai...Turn over will be in crores..."

His smile dropped as he kept on saying about the rich background of the groom and he immediately stopped him saying "Suniye...I need a perfect match for my daughter...in all aspects...aise rich family ka rishta mat le kar ayiye ga..."

"Par sir...They will have everything..." The guy tried to convince but her father sternly replied "Yes...They will have everything except love and dignity...Wo sab chodiye...Get a match which is of our standard...Nothing more and nothing less...Karodon kamane wala damad nai chahiye mujhe..." and cut the call.

Nandini got ready and rushed to office and sighed in relief as Manik hasn't arrived yet.

When she adjusted the things on her desk and was about to sit, her colleague Manav came to her and wished her with a smile to which reciprocated.

"Nandini...Are you free in the evening...!?" He asked and she thought for a second and said "Yeah...But why...!?"

"Will you join me for dinner...!? Aaj mera birthday hai..." He said with a smile and she smiled widely before wishing "Happy Birthday Manav..."

"Thank you...but...you didn't answer my question...Will you join me for dinner...??" He asked and Manik, who just arrived, stopped in his tracks listening that and looked at Nandini who thought for a minute and said "I need to check at home... permission lena hai...Can I answer you in sometime...!?"

Manav smiled happily as she didn't reject and nodded saying "Yeah yeah sure..." and went back to his desk.

Manik gritted his teeth at her reply and walked to his cabin and took few minutes before dialling her cubicle.

"Come to my cabin" He ordered and cut the call without letting her talk.

"Inn ka mood kyun kharab hai ab...!!!" She thought but took some file and went to his cabin.

"Yes" He yelled when she knocked the door making her flinch.

"Sir" She called and he sprinted towards her and pulled her to himself holding her waist.

Seeing his angry face, she frowned and asked "What happened...!?"

"Really...!? You are asking me what happened...!? That fellow was asking you for a date and you just didn't reject him...!???" He asked and she chuckled saying "Its not date Manik...Calm down... Its his birthday...and he invited me for dinner..."

He sighed and asked "Why only you...!?"

She thought for a second and said "Wo nai patha..."

"Why didn't you just say no...!?" He asked as his nose flared in anger and his grip on her waist tightened.

"Birthday hai Manik uska...How can I reject on his face and hurt him...!! That's why I said I need to ask permission..." She said slowly and he calmed down a bit.

He smiled a little looking at his innocent girl and tucked her hair strand and said "Like I always said...Duniya tumhari jaisi nai hai My Cupcake...You are so naive to this cruel world..."

"Aap ho na mere saath...to protect me..." She said and he nodded before kissing on her forehead and said "Always"

"Toh tell me...Shall I go or not...!?" She asked and he chuckled saying "Go...but not alone..."