12. ♾️

3 and half years ago,

'I'm waiting' Manik texted Nandini while waiting for her at her hostel on his bike.

Nandini came rushing with her backpack and smiled widely at him before hopping on the bike.

They drove while talking random things and headed to their destination where they wanted to witness sunrise. They did the small treck and reached the point and waited for the sun to rise with the hot coffee that she packed with her.

"Beautiful" She said while looking at the orange hues and the slowly rising sun amidst the mountains just like the childhood drawing that everyone must have made atleast once.

They witnessed the prettiest scenary in silence and she laid her head on his shoulder making him smile and kiss on top of her head.

They looked at each other and Nandini moved forward nearing his lips but he moved back quickly before giving in to his desire to kiss her.

"What...!?" She asked and he shrugged saying "Shaadi ke baad"

She rolled her eyes and got from her place, dusting her pants and said "That should be my dialogue...Yaha toh scene hi reverse hai..."

He chuckled and took her into a side hug and she said "It's been almost 9 months since we expressed our love Manik...and we have got many situations like this but you always pulled back..."

"And everytime I told you...after marriage there is no stopping..." He said and she whined "Then come... let's get married..."

He hit her head lightly with his and said "Not like that Cupcake...We have to talk to your parents...They should accept...and tab tak we shouldn't cross our limits...I don't want you to feel guilty whenever you reminisce our moments...Tum kabhi yeh nai sochna chahiye ki I betrayed my parents..."

"I love you" She said and he as usual kissed on her forehead and replied "Love you too"

Little did he know that he has to go back on his own words by himself.

2 months later,

"Nandu...Kaha ho...!?" He asked over the call and she replied "Near library"

He cut the call and jogged towards her and started saying "Yaar...It's been a month...bahut hectic tha office mein...So I directly came here from Mumbai without even going to freshen up..."

She didn't react and he continued "I have to submit my last paper...Then I'll be done with this course as well...and 2 more years, your degree too will be done...tab tak our company will be stabilized..."

He frowned as she didn't reply and he asked "Arey haa...you went home na...Ghar pe sab kaise hai...!?"

Seeing her silent all the while, he turned her face saying "why are you silent...!?" and shocked seeing her teary face. Her eyes clearly said that she was tired of crying and he just hugged her to heart and rubbed her back without asking anything.

He let her cry and he wiped his own traces of tears before breaking the hug and cupped her face saying "I'm here"

He made her sit and passed her water bottle and waited till she calmed down.

"You wanna talk...!?" He asked slowly and she said "Na..naina dii...she is...no more..."

"What...!?" He said in shock and she wiped her fresh tears before saying "Ha...Her...Her husband cheated on her...He was a cheat from the start...They are saying she committed suicide but there were many marks on her body...Meri dii itni coward nahi hai Manik...She will never do that...Her husband and his family has done something and isliye dad has filed a complaint but...but they are very rich and has many contacts and police has closed the case..."