16. ❤️‍🔥

Almost 2 years ago,

"Cupcake...I'm just about to start...I'll be there in front of you in...umm...next 3 hours max..." Manik said while checking his watch and walking to his car.

"Listen...I'm sharing my location...Waha aa jayiye..." Nandini said from the other side making him frown.

He quickly checked the location that she has shared and dialled her again.

"Oye...What are you doing at Daman...!? How and when did you go...and why...!?? Akeli ho kya...!?" He bombarded with questions to which she sighed and replied "Manik relax...No questions...You will definitely get your answers once you come here...So please...Jaldi ayiye...but ha drive safe..."

"Yeh ladki is beyond my understanding" He thought and started driving.

The whole one year of their marriage was no different from the year they were in love. Except for the peace of mind that they got by making their relationship stronger, everything was same.

Manik has to go to Mumbai to look after his office but made sure to visit her once or twice a month. He bought a small 2BHK for them so that they can stay there whenever he comes to see her.

Though married, their intimacy never crossed limits except for kissing which first happened to mark their journey of married life.

Nandini has always seen Manik controlling himself after their kiss and the reason he stated was "You should never regret the things that happens between us... Let's take our own time...May be till you finish your graduation..."

She wanted to deny and convince him but stayed quiet thinking of a special occasion to take their relation to next level.

"I have reached" Manik said on call while staring at the resort and she replied "Room No 303"

He frowned seeing her ended call and walked till the reception and asked about the room.

"Mr.Malhotra?" The receptionist asked and he nodded. She smiled and assigned someone to take him to his room.

"Have a good stay sir" The guy wished and left while Manik scratched his head and walked inside only to see the simply decorated room.

The scented candles and his favourite flowers and a pair of clothes with a hand written note finished the room.

He smiled taking the note which read 'Happy Anniversary Mr.Husband'

"Oh my" He tapped his head before continuing the note 'Our first anniversary...Though we haven't got to spend most of the time in the whole year, I want to compensate it by spending this day together...Just you, me and US with love...'

He smiled to himself and thought 'This girl is all set to break the stereotypes...I should have done all this and here...she didn't even complain that I wasn't there with her...'

He took a quick shower and got ready in the sea blue shirt with white pants that she has kept.

'Now where should I go!!!??' As soon as this question popped in his mind, his mobile pinged with her message.

He smiled seeing her text 'Waiting' along with her location and he walked by the directions.

Once he reached, he saw the beach view dinner set up along with a projector that displayed their pictures that they had taken on various situations.

While he looked around, she came from behind wearing a pink and sea blue floral sleeveless gown.

"Happy Anniversary Manik" She said and he turned to look at her with a smile.