21. 💌

Manik and Nandini were on their way to office while Manik called his receptionist and informed "Yeah Mrs.Gupta...I want all the staff to be present in the meeting hall..."

"Sir...Agenda for the gathering...?" She asked and he looked at Nandini and said "To introduce my wife"

"Sure sir...I'll pass on the information..." She said and cut the call and Manik texted for few more arrangements while Nandini was fidgeting with her fingers.

"Cupcake...Why are you so worried...!?" He asked and she bit her lower lip bending her head down. He looked at the driver and then at her and whispered "Was I too harsh last night...!? Dard ho raha hai kya...!?"

"Manikkkkk" She whined and he chuckled taking her into side hug and said "Toh baat kya hai...!?"

"I'm scared...of people's reaction to our marriage...Pata nahi what all they will think about me...!!! They might think that I have seduced and made you marry me...!!" She said and he cupped her cheek to say "Toh sochne dho...Nothing is going to change na...Never let other's thoughts occupy your space...See...You can't answer each and every person that come across your way and neither you can change their thoughts...So let them think whatever they want to...Humne kuch galat nahi kiya hai to get scared...Now, we are just going to inform about our wedding and invite them for our reception...Okay....!?"

She nodded her head with a slight smile and once the car stopped, Manik got down and forwarded his hand to her which she held and got down.

He saw her bending her head down and he quickly made her look up, holding her chin and said "Chin up My Queen...Else the crown will fall down..."

She smiled wider than before and stepped along with him as they walked towards the meeting hall.

He asked her to wait and he entered the hall first and greeted his staff.

"Good morning everyone...As you all know, this gathering is to introduce my wife..." Manik said and the staff whispered among themselves and Manik signed his receptionist and she opened the door for Nandini.

Amidst the audible gasps and shocked faces, Nandini walked to the stage and Manik held his hand out to help her climb the steps and they stood holding hands while Manik introduced "So here she is...My wife...Mrs.Nandini Manik Malhotra..."

She smiled at everyone though feeling nervous and straight gazes at her and Manik cleared his throat gaining their attention and continued "We would like to cordially invite you all to our reception that's going to take place tomorrow evening...Invites will be sent to everyone personally..."

He took a pause and the gazes didn't subside and he resumed "I know guys...Till few days back, she was an employee here, just like everyone of you...And I can understand your shocked faces seeing her stand beside me, as my wife...You may have many questions...Though we are not answerable to any of those, I feel it will be better to answer them by ourselves to avoid any kind of disturbances in future..."

He then signaled his receptionist and she came up with a glass box and placed it at the centre of the stage.

"Here is the question box...and there are papers and pens...Just write down your questions and drop them in the box...We will answer in the party tomorrow...You don't need to write your name or something...You can stay anonymous but at the same time, we request you to not pass any nasty comments or rude questions without knowing our side of story...This is my request and I don't know how long I can be polite like this...So please make sure that your questions doesn't hurt any of us...We will be looking forward to each and every one of you guys tomorrow....Please do attend and grace the evening...Thank you all..." Manik said and walked out holding her hand while reciprocating the smiles that he was given.