23. 💔

It’s been almost 3 months since Neela ma started staying with the couple and has been her best in updating how happy they have been all the time.

One fine Sunday morning,

Nandini came downstairs after freshening up and had her coffee which Neela ma gave. She then moved to kitchen to help her in preparing breakfast.

“Nanduu…Coffee…” Manik called for her while settling on the couch in living room.

She quickly placed the milk to heat and arranged the decoction and hurried to him with his coffee. He smiled at her saying a ‘Thank you’ and she turned to leave.

Her movements halted and she flinched when he threw the cup and stood to yell “What the hell is this…!!! Coffee or poison…!?”

She looked at him in shock and Neela ma too ran to see what has happened.

He wiped his lips with his vest and made a disgusting face and said “Sugar hi nai tha…!! Tell me one thing…Did you really forget or just want to spoil my morning when you clearly know how much I love my morning coffee…!???”

“Sir…Nandini bitiya ne sugar daali thi…” Neela ma tried to back her up. (Nandini had put sugar in it)

“Mein ne aapki raai maanga kya…!?? Nahi na…Toh chup rahiye…” He seethed in anger (Did I ask your opinion…!?? No…Then stay quiet)

“Manik” Nandini called him in disbelief and he just glared at her making her go silent.

He looked at the shattered cup and splashed coffee and then at the women while Neela ma said “Mein saaf kar deti hoon…” (I’ll clean it)

“Nahi…Galti Nandini se hui hai toh wo hi saaf karegi…” He said sternly (No…It’s Nandini’s mistake…So she’ll only clean it)

She looked at him with teary eyes but bent down to collect the pieces and he cleared his throat to say “I want my cup of coffee in next 10 minutes…I’ll be in the study room…”

She passed a glare at him with her red eyes and he raised his eyebrows as if asking her to dare to speak a word and she just said “Jii”

Satisfied, he jogged upstairs to his study room while Neela ma rushed to Nandini to help her in cleaning.

“Mein kar lungi Neela ma…” She said (I’ll do it) but Neela ma said “Tu jaake coffee bana le beta…” (You go and prepare coffee dear)

“Bitiya…Sir aise hi gussa karte rehte hai kya…!?” Neela ma asked when Nandini was preparing coffee (Will Sir gets angry like this frequently!?)

“Arey nahi nahi Neela ma…Hogi kuch tension…Aise hi react kar gaye…But wo bahut ache hai…”Nandini replied with a slight smile and went to the study room (No no…He might be in some tension...and he just reacted because of that…But he is very good)

Manik was checking mails in his laptop while she forwarded the cup saying “Coffee”

He gestured to keep it on table and she gulped down her irritation and placed the cup and turned to leave. But, he was quick to pull her on to his lap and held her in place.

He pecked her cheek and said “Sorry wifey…” and she wiped the place he kissed and he chuckled to kiss her again and she did the same thing.

He sighed and said “Sorry…Was just pissed off…”

She got up from his lap and said “Whatever Mr.Malhotra…Just wait till night and I’ll show you how pissed off I’m right now…”

She walked out and he smiled to himself thinking about his angry bird and engrossed in the mails.