22. 🌝

The next morning,

"When is your flight...!?" Chachiji asked while serving breakfast to everyone and Manik replied "Day after tomorrow...early morning Chachi..."

"Okay...We will leave once you guys return from your honeymoon..." She said and since they have already discussed about this, none spoke but just nodded.

They were busy packing for their honeymoon with lot of teasing in between when one of the servants knocked at their door to inform that chachiji was calling them.

Manik and Nandini reached downstairs when Chachiji said "Manik puttar...She is here seeking for some work...I was saying that we have enough staff but she is not listening...Do you guys think you will need her...!?"

They noticed the 40+ year old woman and when Manik was about to say something, Nandini exclaimed "Neela ma!!"

"Nandini bitiya...!!" The lady who is supposed to be Neela ma, too exclaimed.

Nandini quickly went and hugged her with a smile while other stood clueless and she said "Kitne saal ho gaye...Kaha chale gaye aap...!? Kaise ho...!?" (It's been so long...!! Where did you go...!?? How have you been...!??)

Neela ma cupped her cheeks and said "Mein thik hu bacha...Mera beta bimar tha...Toh uski dekhbaal kar rahi thi...Ab wo kaam karne laga toh, mein bhi aa gayi kaam dundne..." (I'm good dear...My son was sick..So I went to take care of him...Now that he is able to work, I too have started searching for work)

"Haan aapka ek beta hai na...!? Kaisa hai wo...!?" (Yes you have a son right...!? How is he...!?) Nandini asked and before Neela ma could reply, chachiji interrupted and asked "Nandini puttar...Do you know her...!?"

She hit her forehead and replied "Sorry chachiji...Yeah...I know her...She used to work at our house till I was 18 or something...And she had to leave our house to take care of her son...She went to her village and uske baad abhi mil rahi hu..."

"Ohhh..." Chachiji said and Nandini asked "Manik...Can we just hire her please...!?"

"But puttar...We have plenty of maids around..." Chachiji said and Nandini's smile dropped. Manik narrowed his eyes observing the elder lady and then said "That's okay Chachi...She is in need of work it seems...Let her stay...She knows Nandini and her tastes...She can cook according to her liking...Kyun Neela ma...!?"

Neela ma smiled and said "Jii Sahib" and Nandini smiled to her fullest and mouthed a thank you to her husband.

He reciprocated the smile and then said "You can call me Manik...Bade ho aap..."

Chachiji rolled her eyes and left the place while Neela ma said "Nahi sahib...Aap kaam de rahe ho mujhe...Izzat toh mujhe dena hi hai..." (No sir...You are giving me work and I have to respect you)

Manik just passed a smile and went to his room while Nandini showed her the outhouse where two or three staff members shares and asked them to take care of her till their return.

The next day, it was time for their flight to Mauritius.

After checking in and got seated in the flight, "Ready for the much awaited honeymoon Mrs.Malhotra...!?" Manik asked being excited and Nandini blushed saying "Of course Patidev" and it was Manik's turn to blush.

"You know na that just turns me on instantly..." He said smelling her fragrance and Nandini pushed him a little, looking at everyone, indirectly saying that they are in public and said "Patience Patidev patience...We don't want to attract people...Do we...!?"

Manik sighed and checked his watch and mentally calculated the time that it takes to end his patience level while Nandini smiled seeing her impatient husband.