CHAPTER 8

"A soul mate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would."

---------------------☠️🌸--------------------

Wednesday sat in the infirmary glaring straight ahead, as nurse put a bandage on his cut.

" You're Wednesday, right?" A voice asked.

Wednesday turned towards the voice while standing up. The boy was sitting on the chair while a nurse was checking his blood pressure.

"Rowan." The boy introduced while gesturing himself. "I know how you feel."

"I guarantee you don't." Wednesday responded bluntly, staring at him.

"My mother promised me I'd finally fit in somewhere." Rowan said while remembering.

"I never thought it was possible to be an outcast in a school full of outcasts.But it looks like you're gonna give me a run for my money." He said with a smile.

"Uh.... Sorry about the...nick" He said with hesitation, gesturing to Wednesday's cut.

"No good deed goes unpunished." Wednesday answered straight forwardly, and he grabbed his jacket and walked away.

_______________☠️🌸______________

...[quirkily sinister music playing]...

Wednesday walked out from the infirmary, as he set his hair to hide the cut.

...[water tank gurgling]...

Wednesday turned towards to see a water tank bubbling. He stared at it for a moment and turned around to walk away, but saw (Y/N) running towards him.

"Oh! Hello...How are you feeling now?" She asked a little worriedly.

" Fine..!" Wednesday answered.

" Why are you here?" He questioned a bit rudely.

" Oh! I just....come to see you." She said a little awkwardly

Wednesday started to walk away from her.

" It was an amazing fight!" The vampire exclaimed.

" How? I lost." Wednesday said, pausing in his track, slowly looking straight at her.

"It was amazing how you fight Bianca.....No one had ever... challenged her.... You are really brave...And...And...it was preety how you fight and blocked her...My mother always told me that winning is not important but the effort to win is....." She happily blabbered, bouncing on her legs in tiny, not knowing that she is talking too much.

" Hmm." Wednesday acknowledged and only stared at her as she continued.

" Sorry!" (Y/N) apologized shyly, remembering that she was blabbering earlier.

Wednesday only stared and stared at her, not knowing why he is not getting angry or annoyed when she talk. He found himself feeling opposite. He felt safe and calm when he was around her.

"Would....Would you like to walk outside with me?" The shy vampire asked, playing with her fingers.

Wednesday who only turned around and began to walk not answering the question.

" I shouldn't have asked?" (Y/N) thought sadly still looking at the floor.

" I don't have whole day, puppy." Wednesday suddenly said, startling (Y/N) in that process.

Wednesday glanced at her before he looked to the window. He extended his hand out for her to take.

Once again, the girl was surprised but took his hand happily.

Both of them went outside. No one noticed the hand that crept out from behind the water tank.

________________☠️🌸_____________

....[chilling choir vocalizations]...

As they entered the courtyard, Wednesday opened a black umbrella and held it over both of them while (Y/N) was clinging on his arm like a koala.

They walked further, when suddenly (Y/N) stopped "Something is being pushed." And Wednesday stared at her.

...[stone scraping]...

Both of them looked upward towards the sound. And saw a stone gargoyle coming straight towards them.

Wednesday left the umbrella and wrapped his arms around her waist and just about to pull both of them out of way. When suddenly a body slammed towards both of them, tackling them onto the stone floor which made them lose their consciousness.

_______________🌸☠️______________

Wednesday woke up on a bed in the infirmary with his arms crossed over his chest like a sleeping Dracula.

He looked around in confusion and saw a boy standing over him.

"Welcome back." The boy greeted.

Wednesday suddenly sat up in surprise while the boy sat on a chair next to (Y/N) who was looking worried.

"Just take it easy." The girl exclaimed worriedly.

"Nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump, huh?" The boy informed.

"The last thing I remember I was walking with (Y/N) outside feeling a mixture of rage, pity, self-disgust and something I can't understand. I never felt that way before." Wednesday informed while looking at (Y/N).

"Losing to Bianca has that effect on people, I think." Xavier shrugged.

Hearing that, (Y/N) nudged the boy as the boy only shrugged. Looking at both, Wednesday again felt angry but tried to control it.

"Then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down and I thought, 'At least I'll have an imaginative death.'Then you tackled me and (Y/N) out of the way. Why?" Wednesday asked.

...[clicks tongue]...

"Call it instinct." Xavier answered.

"Can you bring me water,(Y/N)." Wednesday softly asked.

"Yeah! Sure." (Y/N) said.

_______________☠️🌸______________