CHAPTER 32

In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught.

---------------------☠️🌸---------------------

...[thunder rumbles]...

...[gasps]...

Wednesday took a deep breath and opened his eyes as his vision ended.

The first thing he saw was (Y/N) sitting beside him as she was hovering over him from the side with her overcoat over her head and him because of the position, trying to protect him from rain with thing sitting on her shoulder.

(Y/N) started rambling, worriedly, looking at him with concern,"Are you alright ? I am sorry! There was no place for a shelter. Did you get any injury due to the fall? I can check. I--"

Wednesday looked at her, longingly and put a hair strand behind her ear and told,"I am okay. I saw them. The boy and girl from my visions. The boy name is Gabriel Addams and the girl name is (Character/name) and I believe he is my ancestor from 400 years ago. And the girl just looked like you."

"Really? But you didn't tell me the whole story..." (Y/N) said, tilting her head to a side with a trembling voice due to cold.

...[Achoo]...

The girl sneezed to which the boy the calmly told," I'm going to tell you everything. But now, we should go to the town before you get a high fever."

Wednesday stood up and took (Y/N)'s hand to pull her up, gently, knowing fully well that the clumsy girl would definitely fall down if not careful.

"Would you like to have some hot chocolate and (favourite flavour) pastry in Weathervane." Wednesday asked, trying to divert the girl's attention from her surrounding, still holding her hand.

"Yes, please!" (Y/N) exclaimed in joy and jump in tiny.

But due to the muddy path, the girl began to slip. Out of instict, the boy grabbed the girl's waist and pull her back towards himself and warned,"Careful! Otherwise I will not buy you anything."

"No!" (Y/N) sulked, thinking about not getting her free food.

"Yes! Now be careful." Wednesday bluntly replied and pulled (Y/N) along with him while thing followed them.

"I think something is coming this way." (Y/N) informed, looking towards a particular fence, stopping in her path.

....[suspenseful music builds]....

Wednesday looked at the girl and walked towards the fence and looked through the crack on the fencing near him and looked outside for a moment and turned towards (Y/N) and reassured, "Must've been the bearded man from earlier."

(Y/N) walked towards him and stood infront of him and said in suspension,"No I don't think so. I think it is outside."

Wednesday for confirmation, again looked through the crack when suddenly he saw the big hollow eye of the monster in the woods.

....[creature snarls]...

...[gasps]...

Wednesday gasped while startled (Y/N) grabbed his arm and both of them backed away.

The monster looked at them for few minutes and ran away towards the woods.