CHAPTER 25

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.

---------------------☠️🌸---------------------

...[eerie music playing]....

Let's assess, shall we?

Bag over my head
for optimal disorientation,

Wednesday whose head was covered by a black bag was removed as he was sitting on the chair and his hands tied behind.

wrists tied tight enough
to cut off circulation,

and no idea if I'm going to live or die.

Wednesday looked around observing the situation. He saw bunch of people wearing robes and bird masks.

A projector was the only source of light in the room which was flashed onto Wednesday's face.

It's definitely my kind of party.

A deep and mysterious voice asked,"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?"

Wednesday told with a blank face,"You can take the mask off, Bianca."

...[Huff]...

Hearing him say that, everyone took of their masks and hood while Bianca closed the projector.

And just like that, my hopes were dashed against the rocks
of bitter disappointment. My foe was no psychotic killer...More like a bunch of high school clowns.

Wednesday saw everyone faces including Ajax, Xavier, Yoko etc and quietly stared at them with a judgemental look .

"Wait, I preferred you with it on." Wednesday commented, staring at Bianca.

Bianca looked at him, holding in contempt.

Suddenly, Xavier asked,"How did you get down here?"

"Rowan showed me." Wednesday replied looking at him while gesturing him through his eyes towards his jacket pocket," Left pocket."

Xavier went and reached towards Wednesday's left pocket to take out the drawing of the book.

"I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle." Wednesday told.

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." The black eye siren exclaimed, confused.

...[Sigh]...

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" Wednesday told him, sarcastically.

Bianca explained, smirking,"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite."

Yoko added interrupting,"We have roof parties, campouts,the occasional midnight skinny-dip."

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist." One of the member added.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito.
It can get pretty wild." Ajax said and smiled.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime?" Wednesday with a fake excitement, looking at them unimpressed.

"Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded." Wednesday said.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." Xavier explained, remembering.