CHAPTER 9

"You cannot tell your mind what to feel and not to feel when you are jealous. It is like a poison that will slowly kill you inside."

--------------------☠️🌸---------------------

As, both the boys looked at the girl back as she walked away to brought water.

"So you were guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract my undying gratitude?" Wednesday accused sarcastically with a hint of jealousy.

"Mm-hmm. Most people just say thank you." The boy said with a hint of annoyance while shrugging his shoulders.

"I didn't want to be rescued." Wednesday replied bluntly.

"So, I should have just saved (Y/N) and let that thing smash you to mush."

"I would have rather saved myself and (Y/N)." Wednesday informed.

(Ignore the cigrette and bottle)

...[scoffs]...

"Good to see you haven't changed." The boy rubbed his hands together.

"If makes you feel any better, let's just say I returned the favour. Xavier Thorpe?" He introduced himself.

"You probably don't remember me. Last time we met, I was about two feet shorter, 40 pounds heavier." The boy, Xavier explained.

"What happened?" Wednesday asked.

....[exhales]...

"Puberty, I guess." Xavier answered, shaking his head.

"What happened the last time we met?" Wednesday clarified.

"Oh. Uh.Yeah, it... it was my godmother's funeral." Xavier said, trying to remember the incident.

"She was friends with your grandmother, and they spent their twenties in Europe, swindling the rich and notorious. I don't know, but we were ten, and we were bored, decided to play hide and seek."