CHAPTER 29

We are not the makers of history but made by history.

---------------------☠️🌸---------------------

Wednesday went over the display cases and saw the same black book in the case, ignoring (Y/N) questions.

"Hey! You are hiding something, aren't you?" (Y/N) exclaimed walking behind Wednesday along with thing.

"This is the book!" Wednesday said trying to escape the question, opening the case and holding the book.

"Codex Umbrarum?" (Y/N) said in confusion, reading the title.

"That's Latin for 'Book of Shadows.' " Wednesday explained while opening the book.

"Great. It's a fake." Wednesday exclaimed while turning the pages.

(Y/N) hearing someone coming called out of for him but he continued to observe the book.

"I don't know who Etsy is, but I doubt she was an outcast settler." He muttered looking the book's back cover.

Thing who was standing beside the girl tucked her skirt and took her to a corner for a hiding both of them.

....[door opens]...

....[grunts]...

"Just what the fudge are you doing in here, mister ?" Mistress Arlene ordered angrily.

She was standing infront of Wednesday while dragging Eugene along with her.

"Mistress Arlene. How now?" Wednesday asked in a calm playful manner.

"How now, indeed. I proclaimed the meeting house is under repair. I know thoust heard me." She snapped angrily,  looking at him with a glare.

Wednesday ignored her and with concern looked around trying to find (Y/N).

"I told her the door was unlocked and you were dying to learn more about Crackstone." Eugene tried to explain, trying to free himself.

Wednesday finally found (Y/N) hiding behind the shelves and continued calmly,"Yes, and this display case was already open."

She glanced at the book and said,"That book's a replica."

"You don't say." He said with one of his eyebrows raised.

She answered with a irritated look,"The original was stolen last month during the two o'clock witch trial."

He looked at her with his displeased expression,"It was probably the only authentic thing you have in here, yet you still charge $29.95 a ticket?"

She ordered,"Hold thy tongue. I'm reassigning you both. To fudge-churning duty."

..[disappointed sigh]...

"The original meeting house, the one in that painting, where is it?" Wednesday demanded continued to question.

...[sighs]...

She said in frustration,"How the hell should I know? I only moved here from Scottsdale in April."

Both the boys and Mistress Arlene walked out of the house while (Y/N) and thing were still in there.

...[quizzical music playing]....

(Y/N) who was hiding behind the shelves walked towards a black box which was kept beside the pilgrimage painting.