CHAPTER 24

Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.

---------------------☠️🌸---------------------

In the girl's room, Enid was sleeping on her bed hugging the the trophy to her chest while (Y/N) was sleeping on her bed hugging the panda bear given by Wednesday to her.

Meanwhile in the next room, Wednesday was sitting on his desk, writing on his typewriter.

...[typewriter keys clacking faintly]...

Nevermore continues to be an enigma.

A place where the questions far outweigh the answers.

Wednesday noticed the page of Rowan and held it infront of the lamp to find the symbol of Nightshade club.

But sometimes... the answer is staring you right in the face.

...[chilling music plays]....

_______________☠️🌸______________

Wednesday with his backpack, walked quietly through the quad entering the hallway where Edgar Allan Poe statue, holding an opened book in his one hand and a raven was sitting on the another arm, was present.

Wednesday switched on his torch and flashed the light onto the statue's face.

Don't worry, Edgar Allan. I see your sanctimonious smirk. But I will get the last laugh.

Wednesday stood onto the slab next to statue feet to look upon the book.

Your penchant for riddles was legendary. And this might be your cleverest yet.

Wednesday flashed his torch on the book and noticed the riddles carved on it.

Because it's not a single riddle.
Rather, each line is its own separate one.

He took out his notebook and began to pen down the answers of the riddles.

"The opposite of moon." Sun.

"A world between ours." Nether.

"Two months before June." April.

"A self-seeding flower." Pansy.

"One more than one." Two.

"Its leaves weep to the ground." Willow.

"It melts in the sun." Ice.

"Its beginning and end never found." Circle.

"Every rule has one." Exception.

After completing the riddles, he began to circle the first letter of the words:

SUN
NETHER
APRIL
PANSY
TWO
WILLOW
ICE
CIRCLE
EXCEPTION

Wednesday hoped down of the slab and looked at the answer.

The answer will give a sharp cracking sound.

...[music builds to climax]...

He smirked proudly and turned back looking at the statue again. He raised his hand to snapped twice.

...[Click...Click..]...

...[sharp cracking sound]...

The hand on which raven was sitting on the statue suddenly started to move its wings along with the statue's hand.

The statue moved backwards and revealed a secret passage.

....[grand music playing]...

He walked through the secret passage and continued to walk down the stairs. The walls were decorated by the pictures of the former members of the society. The room was dark but because of his torch, he observed everything.

Suddenly, he noticed the floor where where skull between a flower was present.

Secret societies.Hidden libraries.

He continued to observe but paused when he noticed the picture of his parents hanging on the wall.

My mother staring at me in a judgmental way. These are all things I've come to expect.

Wednesday walked towards the library and noticed a line of dust cleaned away infront of one book, informing that it has been recently took out from the shelf.

He grabbed the book out of the shelf.  He opened the book and flipped through the pages to find the other page of the illustration which Rowan had showed him.

He began to close the book but paused as he saw a page with a girl standing infront of a young man different than the man from Rowan's illustration page. But what shocked him more was the girl who was none other than (Y/N).

He closed the book and put it in the bag and turned around to walk out of there.

But the minute I inch towards the truth

Someone cover his face with a black cloth and dragged him away.

Luckily, I'm not afraid of the dark.

..[jauntily macabre outro music plays]..

_______________☠️🌸______________