CHAPTER 26

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice but falling in love with you was beyond my control.

---------------------☠️🌸---------------------

...[indistinct chatter]...

Wednesday stood looking at the book with seriousness in quad with other students chattering around.

...[clap..clap..]...

Principal Weems announced grabbing everyone attention, with a smile on her face,"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1:00."

Wednesday put his book in his bag and listened to the announcement.

Principal continued,"As you know, this year Outreach Day
culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include
performances by Nevermore students."

...[excited giggling]..

"As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward." Principal ended looking at the students with confidence.

While two faceless students glanced at each other.

...[excited giggling]..

...[Chattering]..

The academy staffs walked towards the crowd of students and began to give them envelope which have their volunteer jobs.

Enid raced towards Wednesday, dragging (Y/N) with her as she exclaimed looking at Wednesday with excitement," Yes! We got Pilgrim World."

She squealed and continued,"I have natural people skills
and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice."

(Y/N) asked Wednesday with a smile because of Enid's enthusiasm,"What'd you get?"

"Uriah's Heap, whatever that is." Wednesday told them, opening his envelope.

With a disgusted face, Enid said,"Ew. It's this weird, creepy antique store. You'll love it though."

Meanwhile, (Y/N) became a bit sad because Wednesday was not going to outreaching with her. But smiled as she didn't want Wednesday to feel weird about the place.

''I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together." Enid with a hopeful manner said.

As she looked at Ajax who also glanced back and both smiled to each other.

"Oh my God, I got the Weathervane." Xavier exclaimed with frustration.

"Dude, trade with me.
Come on, trade with me!" Xavier said looking at Ajax who was still smiling.

Enid happily grabbed (Y/N) and began to pull her along with her.

"See you soon.." (Y/N) waved her hand at Wednesday, who looked at her with a heavy heart.

Principal Weems approached him and said,"Wednesday, don't worry about your cello. I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon."