CHAPTER 23

A bond between souls is ancient-older than the planet."

---------------------☠️🌸---------------------

..[eerie whooshing, crackling]...

...[muffled, distorted audio]...

Wednesday woke up and stood up to find himself infront of the Crackstone's Cryst. But the surrounding was much foggier and darker than before.

No flag was there. He was completely by himself, alone infront of the Crackstone's Cryst.

He tried to analyse his surrounding but when he turned around, he came face to face with himself but instead of black hair, he has blonde hair, wearing white clothes and holding a book in his arm.

But what shocked him more is that a girl who was hiding and peeking at him from behind the blonde Wednesday, just looked like (Y/N). He was holding the girl's hand as if his life depends on her.

"Protect her. You are the key." He said.
_______________☠️🌸______________

Bianca with her companion stood there, holding their flag, looking at Wednesday with a smirk and mocked,"Taking a catnap?"

Wednesday eyes shot opened and looked at Bianca who began to run towards their canoe.

...[dramatic music continues]....

Wednesday glanced at the Crackstone's Cryst suspiciously and confused not understanding what he had just seen.

Nevertheless, he remembered he has a race to finish. He stood up and grabbed the flag and ran towards the canoe.

"Come on!" "Hurry up, we have to go!" The girls sitting on the canoe exclaimed.
_______________☠️🌸______________

Meanwhile in the clowns' clone, Xavier exclaimed, noticing the canoe getting filled with water,"What's going on?"

The team starts to panic not knowing what to do not. As the Black cats' team passed them, Enid crows,"See ya, jokers!"

Xavier exclaimed, annoyed,"Cheaters!"

"I just asked myself, "WWWD?" What Would Wednesday Do?" Enid proudly said.

_______________☠️🌸______________

Meanwhile Principal Weems with her binoculars announced to the crowd, happily, about the teams which were still in the race,"The final two teams are the Gold Bugs..."

...[cheering, whooping]...

"...and the Black Cats." With a shocked face.

...[More cheering, whooping]...

_______________☠️🌸______________

...[Come on]...

Wednesday pulled down another lever which extended three spree attached on the canoe.

....[panting]....

The Black cats' finally approached the golden bugs' and began to paddle closer to the golden bugs'canoe.

But before they could reach, something began to push them away from their target.

...[muffled thud]..