CHAPTER 27

Our wills and fates do so contrary run, that our devices still are overthrown; our thoughts are ours, their ends none of our own.

---------------------☠️🌸---------------------

...[whimsical, old-timey music playing]...

A crowd of people got off the bus which was parked outside the pilgrimage world where a banner was present 'HOW NOW PILGRIMS' where a medieval village was present.

..[tourists chattering indistinctly]..

"Welcome to Pilgrim World! Witch trials every day! Two o'clock, four o'clock!" An old man announced.

But everyone near him ignored him and went away,"Hey, man! Woman!"

...[whimsical, old-timey music playing]...

Wednesday entered pilgrim world and went towards (Y/N) who was standing beside Eugene who was taking pictures of Bianca and Yoko.

"(Y/N)" Wednesday called to which she looked at him, startled.

"Wednesday? What are you doing here?" (Y/N) asked, confused.

"I switched with Enid. I need to check out Pilgrim World." Wednesday told.

"Hey, (Y/N), Wednesday,
want to grab a Hummers group photo?" Eugene asked, looking at them.

Both Eugene and (Y/N) looked at Wednesday who started at him didn't said a word.

Eugene took it as answer,"Guess not."

"Good morrow, my young Nevermore kin." A voice said.

Everyone looked at the blue eyed woman dressed as pilgrim.

"I am Mistress Arlene. A real OC. Original colonist. Now prithee, put your cell phones on vibrate and make haste, for you are about to travel back in time to the year of our Lord 1625, to Jericho's first pilgrim settlement."

....[whimsical, old-timey music continues]...

She turned and walked further in the pilgrim world while the students followed her,"Yonder." She stopped and turned towards them.

The woman indicated to a house by her hand,"Behold, the meeting house. Inside is a collection of artifacts related to Jericho's most beloved and pious founder, Joseph Crackstone."

The woman again indicated to a house by her hand,"And beyond is our privy, America's first gender-neutral restroom."

Wednesday stepped forward and asked,"I have a query."

"Pray, be quick, child." The woman allowed.

"In the meeting house, which of Joseph Crackstone's artifacts are on display?" Wednesday asked.

The woman informed,"It is truly a treasure trove, including original farm tools, tableware, even the Crackstone family chamber pot."

"Sounds fascinating. I and my... friend volunteer to work in there." Wednesday said and stepped further to walk towards the house.

Before he could go any further, the woman said,"Pray, no. That exhibit is being renovated. Today, thou will all be working at the beating heart of Pilgrim World."