𝟔 | 𝐗𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐫

The sun settled as the moon shone over the town.
My mind ached from the slight toxin in my body.
Pulling my legs to move foward, I trip on the steps as I knock on the heavy big door.
The door opens in three seconds and Sofia watches me confused.

"Xavier? Did you bring Octavia?" she asks looking outside.
Her eyes locks onto my car as she sees blair in the passanger.
I take her arm pulling her in and shutting the door. I drag her with me upstairs. "Who is she?" sof asks curiously.

"A nobody." i say leading her to her room.
almost pushing her in, I slowly shut the door as i say, "No matter what you hear, do not leave your room Sofia." she runs to the door stopping me.

She shakes her head fear washing in her eyes. "What are you doing" she asks. I gulp the huge lump lying in my throat. "Don't open this door Sof." I say forcing it shut.

There was a lock at the top which I pull close.
she bangs on the door muffled words coming through but I don't listen.

Rage burns through my skin once again as I walk to my fathers office. Barging in, his eyes meet mine and he instantly stand on his feet.
"Did I not say I'd call you later?" he asks before I slam my fist in his face.

"You lied to me for five fucking years!" i shout as he tumbles back against his desk. "Xavier, you're angry." he says dodging my next punch.

"No fucking shit. You saw how ma's death broke me then you lie about Blair!" I shout throwing a glass which hit the wall behind him.

"Xavier listen to me." he says grabbing my arms. I push him off and being taller had an advatage with more momentum. "Son." There wasn't an ounce of sympathy in his cold voice. It was him commanding me.

"I was dying inside slowly all those years. I took pills for Christ's sake to numb my pain. you hid her away from me while I was dying inside." I continue shouting and throwing. "I found it so hard to protect Sofia because I was crumbling. You made me weak. You fucking-"

"Xavier!" he barked angryly over my voice.
"WHAT!" I yell back with the same energy.
"Her grandfather murdered your grandfather." His words soar out stopping me from breaking the picture frame on his desk.

My eyes fall to the photo of our family in the hospital when Sofia was born. She was in ma's hand and father was carrying me. Ma's smiling so hard, we were all so happy.

"I showed mercy on your mother's behalf. Do not make me regret my choice." He breathed heavily pushing his hair back. "Your mother's dad was murdered because he was obsessed with your grandmother. The day she pronounced her name, i saw the resemblance and clicked a button on my desk which drops the chanderlier. That was installed for emergency, her incident was not an accident son." I take a seat and he walks closer to me.

"Why didn't you kill her?" I ask him gripping the frame harder. Ma had a hard life with her mother falling into depression she was raised by her nanny. Until she was of age and father met her and they fell in love.

"I did background check. She didnt know about her mothers background nor did she have a relationship with her father and his children." all I knew was that her only family was her mum.
"Her mother ran away with the man she believed loved her. When she had given him a son, she was no used to him and admitted to not love her." What a bastard. Her mother made her believe they had nothing all while she stupidly left her loving family behind.

"There more to it. No one knew her existance because her father threatened to murder her if she came on his radar."
"Who is she?" I ask confused. He picks up a file from inside his desk shoving it to me.

Before I could open it, he places his hands on the front cover. "Read it when you are with your wife, son. There's a lot you'll learn in here which would change some things."