𝟕 | 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐚

The drive from the airport was actually peaceful. During summer, Jordans weather is so warm and tranquil.

Ajax nods his head to the beats of whatever he was listening to in his headphones.
I look out the window as we approach the golden, royalty like mansion with two towers on each ends.

I nudge Ajax as he opens his eyes, he takes his headphones off his head.
He looks outside the window when me stop. "Is this castle your home?" He asked surprised. I nod getting out. The driver takes both of our suitcases dragging it to the gold gates.
Security glances at me and nods opening the gates.

Ajax stands there looking around. "It's not Senzo Cove but it's still home." I tell him shrugging.
He smiles and we both walk in.
Knocking on the huge door, a waiter opens it welcoming us in.

"Miss, we didn't expect you to come tonight?" Jafar our caretaker says.
Two workers rush to take out suitcases. "Could you take his ones to the guest room next to mine?" I ask them politely. They nod in unison walking to the grand staircase

Ajax follows behind me as I walk to the dinning room. It was 11 pm so they were probably having late dinner.

Opening the doors, I walk in to see Aziza and my father sitting opposite each other eating.
Their heads turn to us. "Daughter? What are you doing here?" He asks concerned.
I walk in with Ajax who shakes my fathers hands awkwardly.

"Vacation. This is Ajax remember, Xavier's cousin." I remind him. He nods and smiles. "Sit down son, the foods still warm." My father chirps happily.

We both sit down and Ajax speaks to my father mainly talking about the beauty of this house.
"Where's your husband?" Baba asked. I look at him and breath. "He's busy with work." I say simply while a waiter makes me and Jax a plate of food.

Baba drinks his water. "Yes running a mafia is very time consuming." He tells us. Father always made time for us like how Xavier does for me. Even then, there was so much to do.
I look at Aziza who smiles but her eyes shows sadness.

I nudge her shoulder whispering, "what's wrong?"
She shakes her head and looks at me. "I missed you. It's been very quiet especially since mum was banished." She mutter still smiling. I hold her hands under the table kissing her temple. The men were eating and talking about work life and family.

"I missed you too. Don't worry we'll get through this." I said giving her hand a squeeze. Aziza and I always went through everything together. When she lost her first tooth even I cried watching her in pain.

After dinner, Aziza heads to her room while Jafar showed Ajax around the house.
Baba calls me over to the living room to speak. We didn't usually speak alone unless it was serious. Walking into the empty room, Baba puts down the newspaper and looks up at me.
He quickly stands up and walks closer.

"Octavia, I'm sorry you had to go through that. If only I knew earlier I would have put a stop to it." He was talking about the abuse. However it no longer affected me, this was a part of my life that will never change therefore I had no reason to blame others or myself for what happened.

"We can't erase what's already been done. I don't really wanna talk about it dad." I tell him. He nods respecting my request. It wasn't everyday a daughter would comfortably talk about her fathers wife abusing her.

"Jamila has been banished from the entire middle east and James Lorenzo has been notified about her. He's aware she is not allowed near you ever." His tone changes. More assertive and like a boss.

"You are safe wherever you are daughter." He assure rubbing my shoulder. I pull him in for a hug. He's always put Aziza and I before himself.
"I love you baba." I tell him laughing. He was getting old day by day. A few white hair here and there.