𝟏𝟔 | 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐚

Parking my car in Damien's drive, I watch as people walk out of his house door. Plastic cups were scattered on the floor where his basketball front was.
Walking inside, I see more of a mess. It reaked of alcohol and I'm guessing weed.
The floors were dirty and everything was upside down.

Switching the music off, I'm met with dead silence.
Downstairs was empty so I try looking for him upstairs. Walking down the dark corridor, I pray I do not find a dead body or something lying around.
I hear muffled sounds of music playing from the end room and walk towards it slowly. Unaware of what I'll find, though I strongly believed Damien wasn't as scary as everyone portrayed.
Turning the knob, I open the door wide and see Damien rolling a cigarette between his fingers sitting on the black sheets of his bed.
This was the only clean room which also didnt smell.

His eyes reluctantly look up at me as I walk in.
"Does you husband know you're here?" He asks me nonchalantly. I scoff switching the music off keeping my distance.
"My husband doesn't control me." I say sternly.
"If you finally came to your sense to fuck me, that offer expired after I found out we have the same mum." Narrowing my eyes at him. I send a look of disgust his way which makes him half smile. "Im not here for sex" I say defensively crossing my arms.

"Then lets talk little sister." He says dropping the cigarette and stretching his legs on the bed.
I take a seat on his chair opposite him fiddling with my fingers.
"Why are you here?" He asks me narrowing his eyes. His black eyes pierce into mine increasing my heart pace.
"I came to talk about Ajax since the others are too immature to." He stares at me unbothered. "Did you know he's picked up on a drug addiction and gambling. All the money he's made with his apartment complex is being spent on deals." I tells him. Not an ounce of empathy is in his eyes. It was pure emptiness.

"Ajax is his own person." He really was an asshole. Easily getting on my skin, with all the calmness in his voice even small sentaces irritated me.
I want to shout at him and express how much the omens needed him but his gaze had my voice so little and lost I felt like a vulnerable child again.
"What are you actually doing here?" He repeated himself with a deeper tone.
Shivers run down my spine from his cold tone. His black hair covers his eyes but they were strongly staring.
"I-i don't know." I exhale hard thinking about what to say. Why did I need to speak to him? Or was I just using that as a token to get on Xavier's nerves.

"Xavier and I are having so much problems since your sister arrived so I ran away because it was all too much then Blair makes it worse by kissing him and now everyones on my case without giving me a rest and I feel like I'm a ticking bomb waiting to explode." I breath in for some air. Damien looks at me silently. His jaw flexes but nothing comes out.

I shrink into the chair while he stares at me like i'm his next victim.
"Shouldn't you be scared I'll hurt you?" He asks me tilting his head. I breath out a laugh like that was the least of my concerns.

"I've been so scared of being unloved my fear for dying drowned. I went back home where I was abused because at least I was still loved there. My husband's chasing his past while I'm carrying his baby so tell me Damien when do I have time to fear you?" My life was pretty much pathetic and from his silent gesture, he thought so too. Ever since I endured this marriage something was always around the corner. Atleast with Jamila, I knew what was coming. With Xavier it was like he's trying to beat himself in his own game.

A soft knock on his door startles me. A girl roughly my age walks in wearing a trench coat. She looks at me then holds onto her coat tightly. "We could always reschedule." She tells Damien. His attention shifts to her as he gets off the bed and locks his door. "Did I say to reschedule?" He asks taking his black t shirt off, he towers over her grazing the girls cheek grabbing them hard. His hands unties her belt opening the coat.