𝟐𝟒

Octavia's POV

"You want to be someone's mistress? A side, is that what you really wish to be?" I question Blair who was standing opposite me. She pulls off her mask while everyone else were busy fighting. Somehow it was as if there was a bubble around us, isolating our mind from everyone else.

"You! You should have never been alive, Xavier was mine first he loves me. If I can't have him, he can't have you." she points her gun at my head coming closer. I wasn't scare, not of her, not of the gun. Honestly I felt sorry for her, she was just like me, affected by Eric Astor.

"It's not our fault, we're just the consequences of our parents. Eric's playing with your mind, he's using you as a puppet." he must have manipulated her mind into thinking this was what she wants only because it does him good.

"He's giving everything I want, revenge." Blair shouts. A hint of pain aggravates her trembling voice. She unlocks her safety preparing for my death. "I suppose I can take revenge myself as well, your father took something from me so I'll take something from him fair?" I lift my revolver also facing it at her forehead. There was one bullet left engraved with her name.

"Say your last words, this will be your final time."  She says gripping hard. I take a deep breath releasing a light laugh. "We're we born separately to die together? Ironic." I joke.

"Anything to break between you and Xavier." I am tempted to shut my eyes and wake up thinking this was a dream but it was real and I felt real emotions, fear.

A shot is fired quickly. I froze, heightening my breath because my bullet was still in the gun. In front of me, blair drops her gun then falls on to the ground.
Xavier walks towards me, lowering his gun. "It's finally over amor," he says. It really was the end of our chaos.

Xaviers POV

Covered in blood and filled with adrenaline, I bursts into the main hall where chaos is unfolding. Blood pumps through my veins as I scanned the room for my Octavia. My heart sank as I saw her standing there, a gun to her head, facing off with Blair.

Without thinking, I lunged towards them, determined to save my little jewel. But before I could reach them, a figure tackled me from the side. Pain exploded through my torso as he tasers me to the ground, a few men hold me back grinning and kicking me where I gotten stabbed a year ago. From the corner of my eye, I watched helplessly as my wife and Blair continue their deadly standoff.

Fuck it was painful,I strained against the attackers, desperately wanting to break free and protect her. But there was too many of them, and I couldn't escape their grip.

Just as I was about to pull my guns trigger, it gets kicked out my hands. Suddenly I heard the sound of my men rushing towards me. They fought fiercely, engaging the chinese and englishmen and overpowering them one by one.

"We got it from her jefe." Scar says lifting his ak-47 in the air. Adrenaline surged through my body as I reached for my gun, ready to take down anyone who threatened my wife's life. They were far to distracted to acknowledge my presents. Men were all fighting, though majority of my mafia were still standing on their feet.

I focused on Blair, creeping behind her. Time seemed to slow down as I took aim and pulled the trigger. A gunshot rang out, piercing the tension in the room, and Blair crumpled to the ground.

Locking eyes with Octavia, she stood there comprehensively. Relief washed over me as my men quickly subdued the remaining adversaries with the help of the italian mafia. I rushed to my wife's side, cupping her face, tears of gratitude and relief streamed down her face. "it's finally over amor." I whisper moving the hair back from her forehead.

Vincenzo, the italian don approaches me once all the other men are emptied. He shakes my hand thankfulling, "I am in your debt, you saved my mafia from making a mistake that could have costed a lot therefore your unexpected appearance will be forgotten."

"Sound's good to me." I say turning my attention to Octavia. She had a genuine smile on her face whilst everyone helped cleaning. Her eyes suddenly widen with excitement, "Can you hear that?" she asks me with hope in her eyes.

She bunches her dress and speedwalks down the hall. Whispering something to the italian musician who were packing away, she comes back wrapping her hand around my shoulder.
The violins and other sting instruments start to play and she sways our body.

"Why did you kill her? She was falling into my trap." octavia pouts. I pull her closer and kiss her forehead. "My wife isn't a murderer." i explain as we dance quietly while there was bodies and blood around us.

It didnt matter though. Regardless how gruesome our surrounding was, this is our life. I held her delicate hand in mine as we twirled across the empty ballroom. The soft melody of a sombre tune floated through the air, setting the perfect ambiance for our intimate dance. In that moment, my mind wandered to the reasons why I was grateful to have her by my side.

Her unwavering support throughout my tumultuous life in the mafia reminded me of the strength she possessed. She knew the dangers that came with loving a man like me, yet she stood tall, never faltering in her loyalty. Her love had a calming effect on me, soothing the chaos that resided within my soul.

As we moved in sync across the blood smeared floor, I gazed into her enchanting eyes. They sparkled like precious gems, reflecting my innermost desires and dreams. In her, I found solace and a refuge from the blood-stained world I navigated.

Whispering words adorned with pure affection, I confessed, "I love you my little jewel." A smile graced her lips, and her voice dripped with tenderness as she replied, "I love you more than the stars love the night sky."

In that moment, time stood still. It was just the two of us, blocking out the current problems. The ballroom became our sanctuary, where our hearts conversed in a language only we understood.

As the music reached its crescendo, we continued to dance, heads held high, knowing that together we could conquer any obstacle that lay in our path. In her embrace, I found strength, hope, and the most profound love I had ever known.

And so, we danced on, lost in each other's arms, forever grateful for the fateful day we vowed to stand by each other, for better or worse.