𝟐𝟔| 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐜

Growing up expecting nothing from anyone never left me disappointed.
My dad, Diego, loved us but had a gamble addiction. He would come home very late at night which would make mum scared. Although she would pretend all is well near him, I knew she was only acting.  When he hung himself infront of us, I wasn't scared or upset. I never loved him, he would be mean to mum whenever he loses money then she would ignore us.

But mum loved him and started having medicine to scare the monsters away. Most days she would constantly remind us that it was our fault. He loved me and Gianna too much he could bare living anymore. He said he was tired but even I know he was lying.

Mum had to work two jobs to pay for the apartment and food for us but it wasnt enough.
I always gave Gianna more food than me because she was too small. My sister is only two years younger but was no bigger than a dog. Mum was in a lot of pain. She missed dad everyday that she too took off to be with him leaving us

When she was taken by the masked man, I tried defending her but there was too many of them. The man got really mad when I ejected his friend with the stuff mum used to stab herself with so they took me too.

I will never forget what they did to my sister because of me. Because i wouldnt listen they cut her. When i grow up, i will hunt for the men who held the gun. The man with a scar running through his right eyebrow made by me.
When i find him, i will make him feel pain and beg to end his life but i wont listen. He will bleed three times more than Gia did, the smile on his face when he killed her will be teared from his face. I will make him unrecognisable with the help of my new father and his friends. I will claim my revenge and make the masked man regret taking my hope.

With the help of my adoptive parents, Octavia and Xavier. They didn't have to take me in, I never asked to but I am grateful now that I'm in their home and not another monsters.
Even better Octavia is giving me another chance to become a better older brother. I'll protect my little brother with all my life. One day, I'll become stronger than the monsters who took my sister and I'll get rid of them all.

I don't intend to upset Octavia whenever I fight people in school, but I never started a single one only finished them like uncle Damien told me to. After the third time Xavier threatened my teachers, he thought it would be a good idea to talk me hunting. With real weapons, but Octavia doesn't need to know that part.

But amidst the joy and happiness my new family provides, there will always be one thing that'll constantly haunt me - the memory of Gianna. She was my world, my priority, and my best friend. We were inseparable, always looking out for each other. But when the monsters came and took her life away, I was helpless. I couldn't protect her, and it makes me angry.

Every day, I'll carry the weight of that moment with me. But it is also a reminder of the luck that brought me to my new family. Xavier stepped into my life when I needed him the most. He not only became my parent, but also filled the void left by Gia's absence.

I am eternally grateful for the care they have given me. They have shown me that family is not defined by blood, but by the unconditional support and unbreakable bonds that are forged over time. And though I may never forget the pain of losing my sister, I will always cherish the memories we shared. And I will forever keep my promise to avenge you Gianna.

"Make a wish." Octavia's voice brings me back to reality. I'm sat before a table with so many gifts and a huge cake in front of me.
Everyone looks directly at me as I close my eyes to wish for something.
I wish to find the man who took my sister away from me when I grow up so I can kill him myself.

"What did you wish for champ?" Uncle Ajax says as Xavier pulls the blown candles out of the cake.
"A red race car." I fake a smile. I really want a race car too. Hey, I'm a child so I'm free to want other things.
I love my new family and I know they will help me in the future because the Omen's always have each others back so dad says.