𝟏𝟎 | 𝐗𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐫

Over the three days I gave Octavia, her father informed me every day and night how she was and what she has been doing.
It aggravates me how I couldn't keep her happy here.

In the middle of cooking eggs, the door bell rings and I run to the door thinking it's Octavia.
Her dad didnt mention her leaving. I open the door and look down at Rosa tying her red hair back.

"Somethings burning." She says as I let her in. Shit the toasts.
I jog back to the kitchen pulling them out of the toaster. My finger tips burn as i drop them on the white plate. "Shit shit." I say putting the eggs gas down.
Rosa spreads butter on the toast and takes one for herself.

"Have you forgotten how to make breakfast ever since Octavia left?" She asks me. "You've been in contact with her?" I ask her adding the eggs onto my bread.
She nods, "we called a few times. She's having a good time there going out and about with her family." She said relieved.

I walk to the dining table taking a seat.
"How comes you're here so early?" It was 1pm but unusual for her to arrive so suddenly.
"I've been meaning to speak to you." Her tone changes along with her facial expression.
I turn my head give all my attention to her.
"I saw you that night in the club kissing that girl." Her words caught me by surprise.
Placing the toast on my plate i clear my throat looking up at her.

"That was a mistake." I shrug my shoulder chewing down my food. My words were so vague which didn't satisfy her.
"It doesnt matter you kissed another girl. Don't you love Octavia? You're not a teenager anymore." She tells me scowling.

"I had a drink and she actually kissed me. I pushed away didn't I? It's not a big deal." I tell her.
She grabs my ears forcing me to stand up. Fuck that hurts. "Let go of my ears Rosalyn." I groan while she drags me all the way up.

Leading me into Octavias old room, she lets go opening the top cupboard.
Pulling out a little box, she opens it revealing little bits and bobs and a picture book. I didn't know that was there.
She opens the book flicking through pages and pages.

There was so many pictures of me and octavia, the crew and other things.
"See how most of them are of you?" She asks rhetorically. She stopped on a photo of Octavia is a white dress spinning in the rain. I took that of her in the car that night. I run my finger on her face. Her smile was so innocent. It was my favorite thing of her.

Watching her happy soften the stern build on my mind then instant guilt washes over me.
"I had no intentions on kissing her, she means jackshit." My voices echoes in the empty room. The damage has been done now I have to wait for the consequences.

"You need to fix yourself before she comes back. A wife comes and goes but a girl that happy, you should never bypass." She tells me understandingly. I shut the book and putting it back in the box. There was so many things in there from me.

Octavia deserve better, i knew that from the beginning. I'm too selfish to give her to anyone else. "Will you tell her?" I ask stupidly. She shakes her head like I expected. Rosa never liked interfering with certain conflict to avoid it becoming worse.

"She won't know I knew." Her stern tone showed she wasnt playing. I nod, this was between me and Octavia. No more Blairs in our life, or murdering friends who will attack her. It has to be me and her for this shit to work.
Rosa stands up putting the box back in its place. We leave the room how it was and head downstairs.

"What are you going to do now?" I ask rosa leading her out. "I got work until 9pm." I nod as my phone buzzes.
Picking up Armards call, he speaks into the phone first.

"I called to pay for the place but someone got to it before us. You'll never guess who's name showed up on the database." He tells me.
"Who?" I asked curiously. All these days, people have been bidding low. Who could possibly have more money than us?