mushroom head

Ever since you were little, Yuzuru and you have always been together. You guys' relationships are just like siblings. You were younger than him by a few years, but ever since you moved in with him, you feel like the older sibling instead. Helped guide him here and there. Giving out advice, comfort moments, venting etc...

🌌

"Yes, aunt Yumi. Don't worry, I'll take care of it. Yes, see you soon." you hung up the call and decided to take a stroll outside while waiting for Yuzuru to get back home. You strolled around the park near your neighborhood. You sat on a bench near the lake, looking up at the starry sky.

The moment you were about to close your eyes, you heard footsteps, you tilted your head to the side so you could get a quick glance at who's coming. "Oh, it's Yuzu" you said softly. You got up and hid behind a tree near the bench wanting to surprise him. He plopped down on the bench, face in his hands and sobbed.

Back against the wood, fists clenched, as you feel the pain spreading through you. Seeing him sad always affects you in some kind of way that makes you feel like you're the actual person experiencing the pain they have been through. You walked out of your little hiding spot and took his hand, dragging him. Yuzuru shot a glare and softened his glossy gaze as it landed on yours.  He squeezed your hand and was about to say something but you shushed him and led him to you guys' apartment.

🌌

You opened the door, and let the cold wind welcomed you. The man behind you shivered, "Cold" he said whimpering. "Sorry I left the window open. Now go take a warm bath, i'll prepare dinner" you said, releasing his hand not looking back heading to the kitchen. He grabbed your hand and said "You don't have to, I'm not hungry..." You smiled at him for the first time that night, "We'll see about that". Yuzuru was relieved to see you smile and went to take his bath.

Yuzuru let his sorrows surface again once he entered the empty space. He began to recall every moment that happened earlier today. He sat there thinking, till he can't think anymore and let out a frustrating groan and hit the water. That, of course, did not go unnoticed by you. You stood in front of the bathroom door, "Overthinking it will get you nowhere. Get your ass out here or else you'll get sick." Despite the tone in your voice he knows you still cared for him. You may sound aggressive from time to time but he knows when you're actually mad and when you care for him.

He got out of the bath and checked himself in the mirror. The door opened and he didn't even notice you were behind him. You placed the bathrobe on the counter and you snapped him out of his thoughts "Yeah you look hella bad mushroom head, I placed the bathrobe on the counter by the way". He quickly covers himself and you give him a side eye and burst out laughing. "Look at yourself first". He just realized he has a towel already wrapped around his waist. Your continuous laughter echoed in the whole room and a smile appeared on his face.

💛

You placed a plate of gyoza in front of him and his face lit up. He turned to look at you with the brightest smile you've seen ever since you stepped foot in your apartment. You can't help but smile while he's eating, reminiscing about the old days.

Yuzu snapped you out of your sleep, "Nika? You can go sleep. I'm fine, don't worry about me." You wanted to stay awake but your sleepiness won't let you, and so you give in and go to sleep. You nodded and wished him goodnight.

💛

You heard a soft knock on the door, "Nika, can I sleep with you?". You scoffed knowing he'd come to you sooner or later. He opened the door and you sat leaning against the headboard. A messy-haired Yuzu in his pastel yellow pajamas stood there.  You lift your arms, "I knew you'd come. Come here" and he plopped on your bed as you engulfed him in a tight hug. You feel something wet your shoulder, you let out a sigh and rubbed his back.

After his breakdown, he began telling you what happened and it just makes you want to protect him even more seeing this man cry after getting rejected by his crush. You found it cute, knowing what kind of person Yuzuru is. Every little tiny thing can make this man tear up. He felt so much better after letting everything out. As he was about to fall into a deep slumber he thought, "Maybe today wasn't that bad" then his eyes gave out as he fell asleep on your lap. You caressed his soft black hair gently "Goodnight mushroom head",  you whispered softly then smiled while looking at the moon shining brightly on a Friday night.