under the covers

You flutter open your eyes as the light from the window shines through the curtains. Seeing Yuzuru still asleep between the crook of your neck, arms wrapped around your waist tightly, you combed his soft locks gently while humming to a soothing tune.

💛

As you were about to drift off the sleep once again, you shook your head shaking away the sleep consuming you. You felt your boyfriend stiffen behind you and you thought "Crap, I woke him up". Yuzuru lets out a groan as he slowly wakes up, his eyes adjusting to the rays of light shining through the curtains.

"Good morning", he said in a groggy voice.

"Good morning baby!" you replied back happily.

"I'll take a shower and prepare breakfast, okay?" you said while unwrapping his arms, leaving his hold. He pulls you back down and hugs you tightly. "Mmmh don't go... stay with me." Yuzuru murmurs into your neck.

"Baby Yuzu is back." you said loud enough for yourself to hear and chuckled.

"But if I don't make breakfast, I can't feed you then if we're eating out." you said, sounding upset. It seemed to have worked as Yuzuru was taking his time to consider his choice. He groaned and replied back, "Hmm, fine but stay in bed with me for 5 more minutes".

You nodded and he pulled up the covers covering both your bodies. He snuggles into you and you pat his head coaxing him into a short slumber.

💛

"Baby Yuzu is not hard to deal with this morning", you thought while watching him eat. You smiled seeing him happy like this. When he finished eating, he looked at you with puppy eyes. "Oh no, what is he going to make me do now", you thought.

"Nika-chan, can we cuddle?" he asks, giving you those irresistible puppy eyes of his.

You melted as soon as spoke in that cute way of his and those puppy eyes of his. Ugh. It's a menace. But you still complied to his request, holding his hand guiding him to the bedroom knowing he'll fall into a slumber after cuddling for a moment. You placed his head on your shoulder and wrapped your arm around him while the other was gently patting his head.

A couple of minutes later you feel his body relaxed into yours. You placed him gently on the pillow and moved to the side, hand on your cheek watching him sleep peacefully. As you were so lost in his beauty, his warm hand was grabbing your arm and squeezed a little. He was frowning and squeezing a little harder, "He must be having a nightmare."

You moved up and placed a kiss on his temple, "It's okay, I'm here baby" you said softly reassuring him. The frown on his face was gone when you gave a gentle squeeze back on his hand. You pull the covers over your bodies and fall asleep peacefully next to your lover.