"my Yuzuru"

A few weeks before GIFT, your husband, Yuzuru, fell and hit his back on the ice and had back pain since then. He kept skating and working hard everyday and he's taking very little rest.

You, on the other hand, had been telling him to stop for a while and rest but he wouldn't listen. Going as far as ignoring you sometimes. Your mother in law also talked to him but nothing seemed to work... He would stay late at the rink, practicing on and off ice, working nonstop for his upcoming show.

Thank goodness the news hasn't heard about it yet. If the news leaks out on the internet, Yuzuru would be pissed, especially when he's on his "special training" mode. Disturbing him in the middle of training, you don't think that is gonna end well...

It hurts you everytime whenever he comes home, ice packs on his ankles and sleeping beside you, shifting every now and then.

💫

One night, you woke up in the middle of the night with your eyes closed, you tap the bed next to you,

empty

"He's not home yet" you sigh and glance over the clock 1:11am. You moved down to sit on the floor, back pressed against your bed and broke down in tears. You were so immersed in your sobs, the door was slightly open. Yuzuru stood there frozen with wide eyes as he heard your sobs.

"I can't stop him, he won't listen to anyone."

"Where's the Yuzuru I know?"

"What happened to my Yuzuru?"
.
.
.
.
"Does he not love me anymore?"

The last sentence brought him out of his trance, as he walked towards you. His heart was aching hearing you say those words. As if there was a knife planted in his heart, sinking deeper in each step he takes.

He closes the distance between you and him as he engulfed you in a tight embrace. The moment he feels the warmth of your skin against his, the whole room has colors again, the bed, the curtains, the lamp, the medals on the shelf, then you. Shining brighter than everything in the room. As if you pulled him out of his cage, you were the light he was looking for.

You flinched, then realized that it was your husband... hugging you. You turned to face him and threw your arms around his neck and sobbed even more while recalling the last time you guys had an actual hug.

You sobbed until you passed out on his shoulder. Yuzuru, slightly tilted your head to the side making sure you're asleep. He carried you and placed you gently in bed. While he tucked you in, his eyes darted to the dark eyebags tainting your delicate features. He felt another pain striking in his chest, knowing it was him that made all this happen. If only he wasn't so focused on his training and realized sooner that his act hurted people who's dear to him and people around him as well.

💫

He got out of the shower, making sure you're comfortably sleeping. He took out his phone to email the staff at the rink that he won't be going to the rink for the next 4 days.

Yuzuru slid in beside you and placed a soft kiss on your forehead, "Sweet dreams my love." Instinctively, you snuggled closer to him as he placed his arms on your waist pulling you closer. And he drifts off to sleep with you in his arms.