But they are partners

---
After training, each got back to work. Long hours of work.
-Selena, if we start drawing the maps today, then you and Emily won't have a place to hide. You can't attack today.
Serly made her realize this.
-That's right. Emily and I will stay here and start drawing the map, while you and Oliver attack. Then the next day, the map will, obviously, not be ready yet, so we'll spend the rest of the days drawing the map. We'll take turns and we'll work for long hours, and after we're done Emily and I will attack. Or, if you want, today Emily will send drones to help you. Be it distraction, attacking other drones, helping you...you know.
She looked at her expecting an answer.
-Okay, that's... that's helpful.
She thought loudly to herself.
-I'll ask Oliver too, but now let's eat!
Serly nodded affirmatively.
Selena walked out of the thinker's room and went towards Emily and Oliver.
-Did you two get any stuff done?
She asked them like she was the mother of two lazy children.
-Yeah, I already have the east. We didn't send drones to four places, because Theresa sent drones to those places.
Emily explained.
Selena ambitiously smiled.
-Good. So, Oliver, I already told this to Serly-
His face immediately got ruined.
-...since the map can't be ready today, only you and Serly have to attack. If you want, Emily can send drones to help you.
-Yeah, she should probably do that, because I'm sure she'll get hurt. She's still not ready. Emily should help her. I don't think she can survive on her own.
Selena squinted.
-You were complimenting her skills during training- Okay then, you'll send drones. We'll send drones.
-Yes ma'am!
Emily said while snickering at his behavior.
-Also, go make food for us.
Oliver rolled his eyes, got up and entered the thinker's room.
Serly was still working.
He looked at her from afar, bit his lips and smirked, came up to Serly and said to her in a low, sarcastic voice.
-We're attacking today. I don't know if you think you're ready or not, but you're not, so Emily and Selena will send drones, specially for you, so you won't get yourself hurt, because you will.
Serly raised her eyebrow and said.
-Which lame fortune teller said so?
Oliver got annoyed.
-I was training with you the whole time and as your trainer, I think you're not ready.
She looked at him coldly.
-You did your responsibility, now I'll do mine.
He left to prepare breakfast, while she left the thinker's room.
-But they're partners...
Emily and Selena were chatting about something.
Serly sat down.
They squinted at her and looked back at each other.
Selena then asked her.
-Are you ready to attack with Oliver today?
Her face rapidly became disgusted or angry.
-I'm ready to attack today.
She bluntly mumbled.
Moments after silence became the norm, Oliver walked out of the thinker's room with plates in his hands.
-Here are the sandwiches.
His face was still frustrated.
He gave everyone their plates and gave the last to Serly. While giving her the plate, he gave her a dirty look and she returned it.
-What's all the exchanging looks about?
Selena asked them slightly Irritatedly.
Serly and Oliver looked at each other "surprised".
-What do you mean?
Oliver raised his eyebrows.
Selena looked at Emily and sighed, then turned her face to the two.
-Are you two ready to attack? together? You're going to leave in an hour.
-I already confirmed I'm ready.
Serly said unemotionally.
He scoffed and smirked.
-What you're ready for maximally is failure, defeat and embarrassment.
She glared at him unemotionally.
-What is it about me that causes you to think I'm not capable of anything.
-Stupid question. Your incapability, visible even to the blind and hearable even to the deaf. Or is it your ego, that desperately needs validation? Maybe it's your superiority complex, that forces you to act like you're the best, whilst, like a democratic government, pretending to be an almighty, all-knowing, wisdom bearer, who lights paths for the lost and is always right? All you do is create rocky roads and an avalanche of headache and rigidity.
Selena glared at him infuriated, and he slipped a look that said "don't interrupt me". But Serly stayed quiet. The Mona Lisa smile swam under light. Eyes unnoticeably squinting, analyzing him.
-I really like your choice of words.
She finally spoke, her tone of voice strangely softer, bringing birth to confusion and fluster.
-Insults?
Oliver asked, floundered and irritated.
-No. Contradictions. You compared democracy, and yet called me rigid. Democracy is progressive.
He huffed and scoffed.
-Politically, but I compared you to the system, not to the ideology. It's not that the ideology actually works, but that's because the system is flawed.
She smiled smugly.
-Then why democracy? Fascism was also presented as a, in your words, wisdom bearing, almighty and all knowing path lighter. Hitler truly thought he's right. Same with communism. People wouldn't have advocated for these political ideologies if they knew what it actually was. If the ideology isn't what matters, but only the system, then your argument is invalid, whilst your analogy is flawed, thus, your insults are laughable, to say the least, but I respect your determination to try and perfect your language and make it more vivid and colorful.
Oliver groaned and rolled his eyes, then smirked irritatedly.
-What is it that you're trying to say?
-What I'm trying to say is, self reflect, observe the objective and get yourself back.
He chuckled, rage clearly trying to burst out.
-What?
-I believe you're stressed or anxious, that's caused by something, that's threatening your authority and ego, so in order to cope with it, you are engaging in unhealthy mechanisms, such as belittling others you perceive as weaker than you. The only person you hate here is yourself. You have insecurities, you have to get rid of them. The first step is always acknowledging and accepting it, then you have to battle against it by letting go of your unhealthy coping mechanisms and freeing yourself from the cage of your worst fears.
She elaborated in detail.
His smirk grew, painfully, and a scoff hopped out.
-The audacity to diagnose me. Really, now? That's not enough, tell me to get medications! Send me to a mental hospital!
-Oliver, enough.
Selena said sternly, yet the deficiency of understanding was noticeable.
His eyes, for a moment, swung to her, then had to relook at Serly, who now had a cold expression on. They looked at each other for a minute or two, as if they were communicating without words. Her big hazel brown eyes took a walk from his eyes, to overall face, then lips and later, also body. Dark eyes rolled and he turned his attention away. Emily and Selena both found this strange.
At last everyone finished their sandwiches.
An hour later they were going to leave.
They were wearing the appropriate clothes.
-Don't forget to take daggers, a location tracker, a zapping machine, ropes, and most importantly your wands.
Selena reminded everything.
-They're here.
Serly answered. She was waiting for Oliver. Judging by her face, she wanted to leave without him and not only him.
He came, handsome face covered with selfishness and pride.
She looked at him unemotionally.
Oliver slightly smirked, raised his eyebrows and pronounced in a mocking tone.
-Have you taken everything we need, o wise sage? Of course you have, you can't make mistakes, you're perfect!
He snickered, she stared seriously.
-Wow, loosen up a little, Miss monotone. I'm only joking.
Her high ponytail appeared in his palm, running down until the end, with annoyed eyes preying. She lightly pushed his hand away.
-Let's go.
And she stormed off. His crooked smile grew, eyebrows hinting at dissatisfaction, as he went after her.
After they left, Selena looked at Emily, worried.
-I hope they don't kill each other. They were just fine during the training.
Emily awkwardly smiled and nodded affirmatively.
-At this rate, the percentage of them returning together without hurting each other is approximately 47.6879%, rounded up 48% or 50%, so it's 50/50.
Selena looked at her gibberish, but didn't continue with the reaction game.
---
They walked in the forest, looking around and watching for drones and guards.
-According to the tracker, we'll be there in 15 minutes.
Oliver disturbed the silence with his dry, arrogant and still quite angry voice.
They kept walking without exchanging any words.
Buzzing sounds were heard.
Without hesitation, Oliver pulled Serly by the waist, crashing it with his torso and crawled in the bushes. Rolling on, his body landed on top of hers, their faces turned away from each other, but still pretty close.
The drones passed by. Then they rolled around and went the opposite direction.
-Wait here.
Oliver whispered in her ear.
He quietly stood up and went after the drone. Picking up a stone, he threw it at one of the trees. The drone turned into that direction. Oliver zapped the drone. It fell on the floor, dead. Then he returned to Serly.
-Whoever was controlling the drones now knows we are going to attack thanks to you!
Serly whispered, losing the facade of coolness.
Oliver rolled his eyes, looked at the tracker and said.
-We're only 46 seconds far away.
Serly pushed Oliver, which resulted him leaning on a tree.
She aggressively removed her jacket, then her shirt and handed them to Oliver, who looked extremely shocked. After these, she loosened up her belt, unbuttoned, pulled her zipper and trousers down a bit. The ground had dirtied her clothes, making her look hotter.
She was now standing in front of him just in a black bra, trousers down her waist and black underpants, while ruining her hair and getting it messy.
-What are you doing?
He asked her, eyes still glued to her displayed body and heart pounding fast, bit by bit stealing guilty attention.
-Distracting, right? You destroy drones while I fight with the guards.
She said to him with a commanding voice.
-You can't fight the guards! Y-you'll...
His face was predominantly angry, but there was also a hint of worry and care.
-Watch me.
She took her jacket, wore it, loosened up her bra strap, causing it to slide down and teleported to the cave they found last night. Then she threw a knocking spell on one of the guards from afar with her wand. Then she teleported back. The guards turned around and began looking for someone in that part of the forest. Serly then confidently walked towards the guards.
Oliver finally started to understand the real plan and whispered to himself.
-I've been living a lie.
Serly walked swinging hips from left to right much clearly than before, confidence soaring out of her. Her trousers and shoes were muddy.
Carefully, she slid over the handrails, rolled and stood there in a seductive position. One hand laid on the handrail, the other's fingers hung from her trousers.
-Здравствуйте, господа. Я слышал, вы говорите по-русски. (Hello, gentlemen. I heard you speaking Russian.)
Her voice was thick and sultry. Hair strings were framing her face, eyes lined black.
Oliver watched her, in order to know when to strike on the drones. Well, at least that's the reason he was supposed to watch her for...
The guards looked at her, or more correctly, her body. She smirked lustfully.
-Кем ты должен быть? (Who are you supposed to be?)
Slowly, she pranced towards them, again, with exaggerated hip swings. Her body pressed against the leader's, fingers ran from his chest to belt, searching for weapons, while face focused on his, with hungry eyes.
-Просто заблудшая женщина, пришедшая сюда в поход. (Just a lost woman who came here for hiking.)
Oliver bit his lips, furrowing his eyebrows and squinting.
-Fuck...that's one bloody woman. What's she doing?
He thought to himself.
The guards came closer to her. They began circling her and touching her. Good thing she kept all her tools and weapons in her magic, or they would feel them.
The guard facing her made a gesture with his face to the guards behind her.
-Why are you acting like this?
The man asked her, with thick, Russian accent.
She chuckled lowly.
-Alright, you saw through my act. I just don't have money, but will you let me stay here?
Serly asked them slyly.
They raised their eyebrows and began to darkly chuckle, their minds away from their responsibilities, distracted from their true purpose.
-Why should we?
He questioned, growling.
Her other hand slid over to his shoulders, caressing them, while the other quietly held and hung over his gun.
-I'll give you whatever you want...
She practically purred.
A beat skipped in Oliver's heart, he shivered.
-I kind of wish I was instead of that guard.
The guard facing her licked and bit his lips, grabbed her lower back, pulled her trousers away from her back, smirked and whispered in her ear.
-Твоя задница стоит того, чтобы ее трахнуть. (Your ass is worth fucking.)
Serly smirked and raised her eyebrow.
-Как и твое лицо. (So Is your face.)
Serly hit his groin and at the same time pulled out the gun from his belt, shooting his face.
He fell on the ground.
-Alright, nevermind.
Oliver immediately turned and left, after the drones.
The other guards attacked her at the same time.
One went for her face, the other for her legs and the other for her hands. Serly shot that one guard, who tried to punch her, pulled his arm and threw him on that one guard who tried to grab her hands. The guard who wanted to grab her legs succeeded, but Serly zapped his neck and he let her go. The guard who fell got back up and ran towards her, but she quickly went aside and, like a bull running towards a red cape, the guard almost fell from the stairs, almost. He turned around, but before they could do anything, Serly side kicked one of the guards' leg and he fell, then she aimed at him, but the other guard attacked her and grabbed her. The gun fell down. She kicked it out of his reach. Her hands were strongly caught. She kicked him, but he was too strong. She used her legs to make the guard slip. They both fell down. Then she rolled over and stood on her knees. Then her sharp nails sank in his hands. He screamed but didn't let go.
She lied on her stomach and kicked his stomach. His hands got weaker and she freed her hands. After that she quickly zapped him. All the guards were down.
As in for Oliver, he went to search for drones and successfully destroyed all that appeared. Emily's drones helped him too.
Panting, Serly took out her walkie talkie and told Oliver.
-Coast is clear. Time to gather information.
-Copy that.
She fixed her trousers, went and leaned on the handrails, waiting for him.
Oliver was extremely surprised when he saw all the knocked down guards.
Serly, realizing he's surprised, said out of breath.
-Don't ever underestimate me. What I say, I do.
Oliver looked at her and said.
-How'd you...
He chuckled and continued.
-I-I'm speechless. Y-you certainly have moves. I had underestimated you, I must admit.
Serly smirked.
His face turned a tone of pink from looking at her revealing state too long.
-A-and your shirt...
He returned her shirt and gulped, his heartbeat still beating fast and breathing getting heavier.
A smirk appeared on her lips as she removed her jacket, causing Oliver's face to turn red and look away while biting his lips with a disappointed expression on his face.
-Right.
She put on her shirt, adjusted her clothes and spoke.
-Let's not waste time.
Serly froze the knocked down bodies.
Oliver tried to open the door but it was locked.
Serly came to him.
-It's locked?
He nodded.
-Let's explode it.
She looked at him with a questioning look.
-We can use the unlocking spell.
He smiled and answered.
-I know, but let's explode it.
Serly smirked and rolled her eyes.
They exploded the door.
A young man with a muddy face and ruined clothes was sitting before a computer.

-Please don't hurt me!He raised his hands and shut his eyes the moment they came in

He raised his hands and shut his eyes the moment they came in.
Serly and Oliver looked at each other. Serly calmly walked towards him, took out a dagger and held it on the man's throat.
Oliver threatened him with his wand.
-Tell us everything you know about Hemsworth.
He expected answers.
-I-I never met him.
Serly looked at Oliver, rolling her eyes. She held the dagger closer.
-I-I'm telling the truth! I've just come here!
The man's voice was full of fear.
-How?
Oliver kept interrogating him.
-I was just exploring a cave, maybe 1km away from here a-and out of nowhere these men came and they told me in a thick Russian accent"do or die". So, I chose do. Please...don't kill me. I had no other choice... I'm still young and inexperienced...
-Are there any information in this room?
Serly asked him as seriously as Oliver.
-I-I don't know. I've never really checked.
Serly looked at Oliver, who said.
-You've been in this room for hours and days, maybe even longer, but you haven't checked the room?
-I've been told s-someone's watching me. If I checked the room, th-they'd k-kill me!
Oliver raised his eyebrows to Serly.
-Freeze him, doesn't matter why he's working. He's working for our enemy, that's all that matters.
She coldly stated.
Oliver froze him.
They began to examine the room. There were lots of pictures of small garage like houses on the walls.
-We should take pictures of these. Tell Emily to bring the drone here and take pictures of them.
Oliver took out his walkie talkie.
-Em, come in, bring the drone in and take pictures of these...well, pictures.
-My drones are on their way.
Until the drone came, they examined the items on the table, the documents and files in the computer and everywhere else.
-What's this?
Oliver handed Serly a small, round and solid item.
She examined it with huge curiosity and answered.
-I don't know. We should take this and do research on it.
The drone came.
-Oliver, here's the drone. What should I take pictures of?
Her voice was heard from the walkie talkie.
-All these pictures, Em.
-If you say so.
The drone turned to Serly.
-What's that in your hand, Serly?
-This...We have to do research about it.
-That means you found clues?
-Yes, we did. Tell Selena to tell the evil-hunter's department that we have prisoners.
-I will. You two can come back. Congratulations.
Serly and Oliver walked out of the lab. They were walking through the forest without saying a word to each other. There was something on the minds of each. Whether it's the same thing or not, is a mystery.
They returned to the NT camp.
-Congratulations you two! You succeeded your first attack!
Selena greeted them.
-And...we brought clues.
Serly handed the ball to them. Emily gently took it.
-Interesting... I'll have to do some research on this, I've got some theories on what it might be, but just to be extra sure...I'll take care of it.
She spoke to herself under her nose.
-Anyways, well done. But now you go take a shower and rest. You're probably tired. Well, that unless you have any injuries.
-Oh, trust me, Selena, the last thing on my mind now is taking a shower. I mean, what's it for? Nobody's going to hug me tomorrow, I'm assuming.
Oliver blurted out. She rolled her eyes.
-No hugs, Oliver, but the odor stays. No matter what you say, a fact is a fact. Go take a shower.
-Is it the odor you're trying to ignore or my engagement, o great leader, who definitely doesn't have bias?
He asked sarcastically.
-I failed to grasp what you're implying. You think I'm purposefully leaving you out of the impending searches?
Selena pronounced, quite angrily.
-I failed to grasp how you are apparently failing to grasp what I'm implying, while perfectly grasping what I'm implying and not failing.
Oliver went on.
She grunted.
-Oliver, just...go. You're getting on my nerves.
-Oh, I'm not leaving, not until you promise to-
-Fine, fine, I understood. I will, I promise, just leave!
Frustratedly, she ordered.
He smirked, but stayed.
Serly worriedly asked.
-Are you... going to discuss and plan...without me?
-Without us.
He immediately corrected her.
She glanced at him with the edge of her lip slightly raised, and he too did the same.
Selena and Emily looked at each other and back to them.
-We'll do research on the ball and examine the pictures. Tomorrow morning we'll tell you what we found out.
Emily stated.
-I'm not planning any attack for tomorrow, Serly. We'll draw the map and discuss. But you two...no more work for you today.
Selena informed them.
And they all parted...