Persuasions

They finished having breakfast.
-I know we all finished our jobs. You two can't find out the ball's password and we finished the maps. Oliver, you already started to mark the places with hideouts, so you two should continue doing that. Also, count and write the distances between their hideouts and our tents. As in for us...we will prepare for our attack on the hideout we found. Today at...10pm. We need to start planning.
They nodded. Oliver took the maps and Serly took the ipad. Selena and Emily took papers and everything else they need.
Oliver put all the maps in the right order.
-We'll mark the hideouts with red and the distance numbers with green.
She nodded. They quickly marked all the hideouts.
Now the distances. She brought the drone and put on the recording, but didn't know how to make it shows the details of the location.
He saw that, went near her and offered help.
-Here, give it to me.
She hated it when people wanted to help her. That made her feel helpless and useless. But it's better to feel bad than waste time trying to do something you don't know, because watching someone who knows can teach you.
So she gave it to him. He did it slowly, so she could understand clearly.
-First, press this button, then the options will appear. Press details and there it is. The time, location, temperature and date.
-Right.
-Press on the location, the details of the location will appear. Here, it's 5km away from here.
-On the map... it's this one.
Oliver looked and narrowed his eyes.
-No, I think it's that one.
Serly looked at him with an angry and confused face.
-How's it that one? It's on the east. It's written there, that it's 5km to the west from here.
Her anger fueled him.
-That's the west.
-No it is not.
She looked at him very angrily.
-That's the east!
He smiled.
-Why do you think so?
Serly rolled her eyes and they met his eyes. There was anger in her eyes. He saw that, and felt amusement.
-When we went to the forest the night of our first attack, the moon was behind us. The moon rises on the east. And if it was behind us, that means we were walking the opposite direction of the east, which is the west. And it's 317°, so it's north-west.
Oliver chuckled.
-Yeah. So mark that on the map.
Serly aggressively took a protractor and marked the right direction.
-Did you have to anger me? Anyways...5km. Then there's that hideout on the north-east. What's the distance?
Oliver found the location.
-48° and... it's 4km away from here.
She marked it.
They kept doing that with lots of disagreements and arguing.
Emily's and Selena's plan was ready. And it was still 7:45. Oliver and Serly finished one part of the map. Three parts left.
-We're going to leave in 2 hours. We should do something other than work together. Like have fun and just talk, after all, only working for a long time is bad for your health.
Fear penetrated Serly. Talk instead of work? Have fun? She's known for being a fun-killer, and now she's going to have fun? She remembered her words back when she was talking with Henry about not wanting to be in a group. "I'm not working for friends but whatever." But whatever? Yeah...I don't think so.
-What are you suggesting?
Sadly for Serly, Oliver continued this conversation.
-We can play something that'll help us know each other better and find out each other's strengths and weaknesses, thoughts, feelings...so then we can help each other.
She widened her eyes at Oliver, trying to make him understand something. He got it and chuckled looking away from her.
-What game?
Emily was confused. Why are they literally always laughing and chuckling and smiling for absolutely no reason? Also, since when is Selena motivated to get to know each other better? What is wrong with the world? Why is everything so... chaotic? Or is she just losing her amazing mind? Yeah... she never loses...the first option is more correct.
Selena and Oliver began thinking. They looked at each other, smirked and Selena looked at Emily.
Emily and Serly looked at each other. One was clueless, the other was stressed, panicked and scared. I don't think I have to tell you which of them was feeling which.
-W-what is it? Why are you half-smiling?
The apathetic one asked.
Selena's smirk widened.
-Because I've got a brilliant idea.
Emily looked unenthusiastic.
-How surprising.
-We should play spin the bottle.
Serly passed out...mentally... not physically.
Emily was... again... confused...
-How are we supposed to get to know each other better with that game?
-Why? What's wrong with it?
She asked her confidently.
-I don't know... I just don't understand how-
-We'll ask each other questions or dare each other to do stuff...I don't think that helps...
Emily looked at Serly. She looked at her and then at Selena.
-Can I not play? Can I work instead?
Oliver shaked his head while laughing.
-You're a workaholic.
-Yeah, so?
-You must get rid of your "aholicness".
She looked at him dead in the eye.
-No thank you.
She looked away.
-Oh come on...
He came closer to her.
-Why not?
-Because.
-No reason?
She stared at his face.
-I didn't know you can do stuff not based on logic.
She kept staring at him silently.
He stared back. Again, they were communicating with the staring language.
-I said no.
-You should say yes.
-No.
-Why?
-Because I don't want to.
-Why not?
-Because I don't like to.
-...Why not?
-Because I don't know what might happen. I'm not prepared for it.
Oliver snickered.
-You don't have to prepare for that.
-I have to prepare for everything.
Her eyes were sparkling of anger.
Oliver smirked and narrowed his eyes.
-If you're not going to play, then I'm going to interrupt you every time you work. That's always.
-I won't get interrupted. So ok, bye. Have fun.
She turned around and wanted to walk away, but he took her arm and turned her around. She met his chest. He was maybe 20cm taller than her. He wasn't tall... she was short.
She sighed and groaned.
-Fine...
-What is it you said?
She glared at him angrily, with the edges of her lip almost invisibly raised, and said with a slightly louder voice.
-I said I will play.
Oliver smiled at his victory.
-Great! I'll find a bottle. I'm sure I got one somewhere in my tent...
Selena looked at Serly, smirking.
She glared at her angrily.
-What?
-Nothing. I'm just happy that you agreed.
She sighed.
-The only reason I agreed is because I don't want you to bother me.
Selena chuckled and bit her lips.
-You won't be left disappointed. Trust me. This is all for the best.
She looked at her hopelessly and angrily.
Oliver returned with a bottle in his hands.
-Here's the bottle. Now all that's left to do is sit down and play.
-First, we need rules.
They all payed attention to her.
-When the bottle lands on someone, they're the one to ask or order. The tip lands on the answerer or doer. The person who will ask shall tell the other whatever they want. The answerer chooses nothing. If they tell them to jump, they will jump, if they tell them to sing, they sing. Any questions?
-No questions. More questions mean more rules, so...no.
Oliver monologued.
-No questions ma'am.
Emily said as if she was a soldier.
-How long are we going to play?
Selena smiled at her question.
-Maybe...1 hour...more or less.
Serly rolled her eyes and stopped making eye contact.
-Come on...are you really that much not interested?
She looked at him without raising her head up, and that made her look angry. Or...was she really angry?
Oliver was one of those rare people, who wasn't afraid of her. She knew that. She didn't like that fact. She wanted to change that fact.
-Don't worry we won't ask you silly questions and tell you to do meaningless things.
He pulled her closer to him and smiled. Her hands were both in his, her body against his. She didn't change her expression. Maybe she was feeling different inside, but from the outside, she's the same. Angry. Or annoyed. Or worried. No one knows.
-By the way...do you happen to... have a... boyfriend?
He, in her ear,cautiously asked in a low tone.
She failed to completely hide her smirk and looked up at him, squinting.
-Why do you want to know now?
Her voice was barely hearable.
He smirked and continued in the same tone.
-Just curious.
She smiled understandingly and answered.
-I like your straightforward manner.
Her toes stood higher, hands populated on his broad chest and shoulder, her body, for a moment, was one with his, and his hands were on her waist, her lips reached his ear and only two words, like prisoners at night, escaped quietly, revealing a secret so longed by him.
-I don't.
Hearing these enchanted spells, his mouth, satisfied, curled up, building a smile.
Selena watched them amused, and Emily was blushing the whole time.
He released her, their looks still secretive and passionate.
After cutting their eye contact, they sat down. Emily and Serly sat on the same sided chairs and Oliver and Selena on their front chair. They put the bottle on the table in the middle.
-I shall spin it first. Whoever it lands on, will spin it after me.
She pushed the bottle. It kept spinning. Emily looked unfocused, Oliver looked curious, Selena looked confident like she always does and Serly looked unemotional, but she probably felt really stressed.
The bottle landed on Oliver and Emily. Emily was the one to ask a question or dare. Oliver raised his eyebrows and smirked.
-Okay, so...um...I don't really know what to ask...but now I'll think of something...
She thought for a moment.
-Sorry mates, nothing's coming to my mind, because I already know everything about this lad.
Selena looked at Oliver then at Emily and smiled.
-You can't do that. You have to tell him something.
Emily faked a frown.
-Okay. Most annoying person you know?
Oliver chuckled.
-The one and only, Asher Felix. In fact, I don't think he's annoying, I think he's just... despicable, hateful, reprehensible and loathsome.
He looked proud. Emily was agreeing with everything he said.
-I 100% not disagree with you, sir...
-Now spin it.
Emily spinned the bottle and it landed on Serly and, again, Oliver. Serly looked down at the bottle then at Oliver. She looked like she was on drugs or was drinking alcohol at night because she was depressed. But what really was the most visible was her anger. She looked like she was going to explode from the inside. Her body was tingling, her eyes were stuck on that bottle and she was clawing herself. Why? Because she had to ask him a question, but she was not interested.
Everyone looked at her. Emily strayed away from her because she really didn't want to die at the age of 21. Selena looked at Oliver with wide eyes and kept smiling, in short, guiltily. She looked like a crazy psychopath. But really...a psychopath isn't someone who likes killing and causing pain. That's a sadist. A psychopath is a person who doesn't know right and wrong, has antisocial behavior, is manipulative, seeks danger and breaks rules, has criminal behavior, is charming, has no empathy and is emotionally blunt. A psychopath isn't a crazy murderer like movies show. And songs too, seriously Ava Max? She's a psycho so she screams I'm out of my mind at night?...do research before writing songs...
Oliver looked kind of worried, but kept smiling at her.
She finally looked at him. She had a bright idea and her eyes showed that. A bright and evil idea.
-I order you...to work straight hours without relaxing or slowing down...
Oliver widened his eyes at her and looked shocked, mad and sad.
-W H A T? That can't get any worse! W O R K W I T H O U T R E L A X I N G ? W I T H O U T G E T T I N G D I S T R A C T E D ?
Serly looked at him with a bigger evil touch in her eyes. She smirked and continued.
-With me.
Oliver was probably imagining hell now. He returned to reality.
-DID YOU JUST MAKE THIS WORSE? IS THIS REVENGE? I-I CAN'T DO THAT! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!
-I'll teach you.
She looked calm as she claimed her trophy.
Oliver's face returned to It's normal expression.
-How in the bloody hell will you get to know me better by making me work for straight hours?
-... with me...
-Yeah, so...?
She looked at him with a serious face her eyebrow raised.
-I have my methods...
-I hope they're not torture.
-That's up to how loyal you are to my orders.
-...great... orders...
Her smirk didn't die away, proud of her revenge. You force me to do something I don't like, I force you to do something you don't like. Oh, and don't worry, you won't be left disappointed. Trust me. This is all for the best.