53

Chapter 53 Wedding That You Like

“Dennis Crawford, he used to be Hanson’s driver for a wille,” Bumbel anid

Aylin’s brow immediately furrowed.

Three years ago, the cruise ship explosion incident was drawing near

At this point, suddenly resigning for such a reason@kes it hard not to arouse auspici

If it weren’t for so many unexpected incidents, she would have definitely commanderal enhe resignation reason as a joke. However, due to Han’s inscrutable intentions, she her nurs but to be cautious.

“Daniel, can you find this person? The cruise ship plosion was so sudden, and this perennis their job just as abruptly. They might know something. It we can find them, maybe we can he breakthrough in the case of my death!”

After pondering for a moment, Daniel realized that though this person had been out of work for quite some time, there were still some clues to be found if he looked carefully

“Alright, I’ll send someone to look for it right away

As Aylin watched Daniel leave, her thoughts gradually drifted away.

Hopefully, things will progress well…

On the other side, during lunch break at the Delacruz Group, Laila, dressed in a gentle, milky-green dress, stepped into the Delacruz Group building carrying thermal lunchbox

“Isn’t this Mr. Delacruz’s fiancée? She actually came to the company to deliver food bye

“Amazing! I’m not envious at all. What kind of divine love is this?”

“It would be great if I had a girlfriend like that!”

Amidst the soft murmurs of the employees, the smile on Laila’s lips grew increasingly treks and profound.

“Hello everyone, you’ve all been working so hard! I’ve arranged for afternoon coflex to be delivered to you shortly by a dedicated staff member. I hope you all enjoy it.”

As soon as Laila finished speaking, it immediately caused an uproar

“Future CEO’s wife is so classy!”

“Thank you for the afternoon coffee, Ms. Marsh!”

Lalle gave a falon smile, her face flushed with a hint of red, making her book me mos gusta mit

When she arrived at the CEO’s office, Gryn was still going though the documents, showing o signs of stopping his work.

“Gavyn, how about eating first before getting bony

Upon seeing Laila arrive, Gavyn’s brow furrowed slightly, a hint of annwgance at being disturbed flashed across his face but quickly disappeared “What brings you here?

Laila placed the insulated food container on the small coffee table nearby, gently and gracefully taking out each meal box and arranging them neatly

Then, she walked up to Gavyn, feigning displeasure as she closed the file in his hands, almost like a

true wife would.

“If I didn’t come, would you have sk*pped your meal again? That’s really bad for your stomach. How much time can a meal take? Come on, let’s eat!”

This time, Gavyn didn’t refuse. He walked over and sat down on a couch nearby.

0

Laila smiled as she helped the man open his lunchbox, captivated by the side profile of his face as he ate. His features were striking, with a prominent nose and an air of sophistication.

It’s just perfect!

She was about to marry such a perfect man, and no one could stop her!

After indulging in a blissful fantasy, Laila pursed her lips and mustered the courage to ask, “Gavyn, today Mrs. Delacruz mentioned our wedding to me. I think we should go with your preference. What kind of wedding do you like?”

Gavyn paused slightly while eating with his fork

This scene somehow feels inexplicably familiar.

It seemed that Aylin had asked for his opinion in the same way before, but faced with a wife he didn’t like, Gavyn didn’t give any suggestions and even said that a wedding wasn’t necessary, as it would be too much trouble. In the end, the only person who attended their wedding was Steve.

“Gavyn…?

After a while, Gavyn remained silent without answering. Worried, Laila pouted and gently shook the man’s sleeve, feeling wronged.

“Did Mrs. Delacruz say something? Or was it Old Mr. Delacruz who spoke?”

“No.” Gavyn put down his fork, and the once delicious and fragrant meal suddenly lost its appeal.

“So… you don’t want to marry me anymore?”

Lalla’s eyes were red and her voice trembled with a hint of tears, “If you think my current physical condition isn’t suitable for marrying you, it’s okay, I can bear the pain.”

As soon as the words left her lips, her tears fell uncontrollably like pearls slipping off a broken

string.

“But… I really love you,” Laila wiped her tears, choking on her words, unable to speak a complete sentence. “Back then, you said you would repay the kindness. I have no other wish. I just want to marry you and be your wife…”

Gavyn watched the woman bawling, and as he did, a flood of memories from his youth came rushing back to him. He thought about that terrible fire.

The raging fire that even normal adults fear, let alone a child just over ten years old. Just when he was on the verge of despair, he encountered a girl sent by the heavens to save him. It was she who led him out of the inferno.

“What’s your name? I will repay you…” That was the promise he once made.