129

Chapter 129 Revealing Her Identity

After finishing, Gavyn glanced at Aylin.

Aylin was pouring coffee for Steve, not looking at him.

To be precise, ever since he entered the room, Aylin’s gaze had never left him, which was. completely different from their previous interactions at the Delacruz’s home.

Gavyn pursed his lips, suddenly feeling a touch of irritation in his heart.

“Gavyn, have you gone mad? Taking her side? Didn’t you used to despise her the most?” Carmen

could hardly believe it.

Gavyn frowned, “I told you to shut up!”

Carmen didn’t get what she wanted, so she glared fiercely at Aylin and scoffed, “Hmph!”

Aylin was no longer the type to swallow insults. She put down the coffee pot and looked at Carmen

coldly. “One of the criteria for being an adult is to be responsible for what you say and to provide

evidence for everything. You say I’m the one who caused a scene at the wedding, where’s the

proof?”

Carmen choked a little.

Aylin snorted and glanced disdainfully, “Let me tell you, if I really wanted revenge, today’s incident

wouldn’t have ended so easily.”

Ended so easily?

Carmen could hardly contain her laughter as their family had lost face in front of all the dignitaries

in New York. The entire room of guests was watching their family’s embarrassment!

Once the live stream starts, she expects her friends will come to tease her.

Carmen couldn’t help but feel utterly embarrassed just thinking about the situation. Aylin actually had the nerve to say something like “ended so easily,” as if she had bestowed some kind of grace or charity upon the Delacruz family!

Carmen immediately started cursing, “You little wretch, you think you…'”

However, before she could finish speaking, Gavyn shot her a sharp glare from the side. Carmen instinctively froze, as if her heart had been struck by a piece of broken ice, sending chills throughout her entire body!

The curses that were nieant to follow naturally couldn’t be uttered.

She felt that Gavyn seemed to have changed.

Steve forcefully struck the floor with his cane several times, his stern expression silencing everyone’s arguments.

His piercing black eyes swept over the crowd, “Isn’t the disgrace you brought upon the Delacruz family today enough? Let me say it again, Aylin is my guest. If you don’t want to stay, then get the hell out of here!”

Everyone finally settled down and took their seats quietly.

Steve let out a cold humph and his expression softened. Holding Aylin’s hand, he returned to his gentle demeanor. “Aylin, don’t mind them. You haven’t told me yet, where have you been staying lately? How did you change so much?”

Warm and affectionate, as if they were the real grandfather and grandchild.

Aylin smiled gently, “Grandpa Steve, I’ve been staying at home recently. As for your curiosity about me being able to drive, it was my brother who taught me.”

Steve was astonished, “Brother? Aylin, weren’t you an orphan? Have you found your own

relatives?”

Aylin nodded with a smile, “Yes, not only did I find my relatives, but I also learned about my own

background.”

Gavyn, who already knew the truth, stood to one side with a complicated expression on his face.

Steve was also happy for Aylin, “Really? Wow, that’s great news! Are they treating you well? Have you found your parents too?”

“Found it.”

Steve noticed that Aylin was dressed quite nicely and, considering he knew most of the well-off people in New York, casually asked, “Who is it?”

Aylin’s voice was soft, yet it struck everyone’s heart like a torpedo.

“The former CEO of the Koch Group, Timothy Koch.”

Gavyn had already known the truth, and there wasn’t much change in his expression.

Steve was stunned.

Carmen and Haleigh had the most dramatic reactions, staring at each other in disbelief, their faces showing expressions as if they had been struck by lightning.

Timothy’s name is well-known in the business world, and there isn’t a single person in high society who hasn’t heard of him.

Aylin’s father is Timothy.

So, isn’t she the rumored… daughter from the Koch family?