132

Chapter 132 Have You No Shame?

Before Aylin could react, she was abruptly pulled away by Gavyn.

Haleigh was still fuming and couldn’t let Aylin leave like this. She immediately chased after her, exclaiming, “We’re not done talking! Where are you going?”

“What’s all the fuss about?”

Steve saw through his grandson’s thoughts and stopped his confused daughter-in-law, scolding her, “Let the children handle their own affairs. They have something to say to each other. Don’t meddle in their business. Come back!”

Haleigh learned her lesson and nodded awkwardly. However, she still couldn’t help but sneak a glance at the other side, showing her defiance towards the leader.

These two people are both divorced, so what can’t they discuss face-to-face?

Don’t let the old flame reignite.

In the dimly lit corner, Gavyn closed in step by step, finally raising his arm to trap Aylin within the small space formed between his arm and the wall.

The light here was dim, but Gavyn’s eyes shone exceptionally bright, as if something was burning fiercely within them. He lowered his body, his Adam’s apple moving up and down, seemingly trying to suppress something.

“Aylin,” he gazed deeply into the eyes of the woman before him, “why did you conceal your true identity and marry into the Delacruz family? What is your purpose?”

Aylin was dragged along the way, her wrist already turning red.

She rubbed her sore wrist with an unhappy expression, her face cold and indifferent. “Why should I answer you?”

She reached out and pushed him, “Move away!”

Gavyn’s face stiffened as he felt the woman before him had changed. Her beautiful eyes were now filled with distant coldness. In the past, she used to look at him with eyes brimming with love.

Gavyn clenched his fists, his dark eyes gazing at her with extreme complexity.

Even though they had divorced, there was a saying that went, “a couple who has been together for a day shares a hundred days of grace.” So how did they end up in a situation where they faced each other like enemies today?

Every move she made told him that the Aylin of the past was truly gone forever.

The surrounding air seemed to have frozen in place.

Chapter 132 Have You No Shame?

87.50%

Aylin looked up and saw Gavyn furrowing his brow deeply, seemingly trapped in an overwhelming struggle and distress.

Her eyes sparkled subtly.

To be fair, Gavyn looked quite attractive even when he was angry. The faint hint of annoyance between his brows didn’t make him appear fierce; instead, the gloomy aura added a layer of dangerous yet captivating chilliness. His facial features were well-defined, with a prominent nose, deep-set eyes, and every aspect could be considered perfect.

It’s hard to deny that he has an incredibly handsome face. Even after all this time, it still manages to make her heart flutter subtly.

However, it’s merely just a physiological response.

She was no longer the young woman from three years ago, who would act infatuated whenever she

saw Gavyn.

Regaining her memories after weathering countless storms, she would no longer be head over heels for a man just because of his handsome face, even at the cost of losing her self-respect!

Feeling certain that she wouldn’t make any more foolish mistakes, Aylin curved her lips into a

smile.

“Because I like it.” Suddenly, she spoke.

The words were so sudden and blunt that Gavyn’s eyebrows knitted together. Caught off guard, he was left completely dumbfounded.

“What did you say?”

Aylin’s voice was as calm as water, “I married you because I like you. Is that so hard to understand?”

It’s quite amusing, really. She fell in love with Gavyn at first sight and devoted herself wholeheartedly for three years, yet he still doubted her intentions for getting close to him.

“For the past three years, I’ve been doing laundry and cooking for your entire family, while putting up with the difficulties from your mother and sister. They made me stand outside in the winter and let me get drenched in the rain during summer… Gavyn, why do you think someone would willingly

do all this?

Is it that I’m not making myself clear enough, or are you just pretending to be oblivious on purpose?

Why did you come to ask me why I married you? Have you no shame?”

Gavyn had nothing to say.

The unadorned blunt accusation made his heart clench and his face stiffen.

My thoughts were drawn back to those three years, when Aylin had just entered our lives not too long ago. At that time, my mother would boss her around, and my sister didn’t treat her kindly either.

their

In the summer of June, torrential rain poured down, accompanied by lightning and thunder. Despite the weather, Haleigh insisted that Aylin personally go to the laundry shop to pick up clothes. Aylin ended up drenched like a drowned rat, but the garments wrapped in a transparent clothing bag in her arms remained completely dry.

Haleigh was still not satisfied. Instead, she found an excuse to scold Aylin harshly for wrinkling her coat. “This is my new coat, and even if I sold you, you couldn’t afford to pay for it! You really are a cheap country bumpkin who can’t even handle such a simple task. Worthless!”

Aylin didn’t dare to argue. She just quietly lowered her head, her hands nervously clutching the hem of her clothes, her shoulders shivering uncontrollably due to the cold.

Her rain-soaked hair clung to her fair cheeks, making her appear fragile and helpless.

And as Gavyn witnessed all of this, he chose not to speak up for Aylin.

At that time, he felt that this materialistic and hypocritical woman deserved her fate. She appeared pitiful and fragile, but in reality, it was all an act.

Seeing Gavyn’s silence, Aylin guessed that he was probably recalling the past three years, and the curve of his lips became even more mocking.

She turned to leave, but in the next second, Gavyn grabbed her wrist, his handsome face cold and stern as he furrowed his brow and stared at her. “No, that’s not right.

When you married me, you asked Grandpa for a large sum of money. How could you possibly have married into the Delacruz family simply because you liked me?”