139

Chapter 139 Returning to Their Previous Shared Home

After hanging up the phone, Gavyn’s emotions were still very unstable, and the anxiety and doubts in his heart had not been alleviated. He desperately needed something to soothe him.

He put his phone back in his pocket, decisively stood up, grabbed his car keys, and headed out the

door.

The moment the secretary pushed the door open, they found themselves face to face.

The man’s handsome face was cold and stern, startling the secretary, who dared not look directly into his eyes and lowered her head. “Mr. Delacruz, the progress report for last quarter’s projects you requested has been submitted by the marketing department.”

The secretary carefully handed over the documents.

She was prepared to be scolded, but Gavyn didn’t even glance at her. He simply said, “Put it on the table, we’ll talk tomorrow.”

After finishing speaking, they walked away without even looking back.

The secretary and the employees exchanged glances with each other.

Gavyn was a well-known workaholic. No matter how urgent a matter was, he would always

prioritize his work. This was the reason why, at such a young age, he had earned the admiration and respect of everyone in the company.

For the first time, like today, I was completely out of it throughout the day, and I left work early even before it was time to clock out.

The junior employee accidentally bumped into the secretary’s hand and whispered, “What is Mr. Delacruz up to?”

The secretary looked bewildered, “I have no idea!”

No one could have imagined that Gavyn, leaving behind a company full of employees and tasks, was not going out for work or to discuss urgent business matters.

He hurriedly drove, eager to return to that once familiar mansion.

That building, the mansion where he and Aylin live.

On the road, Gavyn pushed the car to its maximum speed, not knowing why he was being so

impulsive.

But he really couldn’t wait any longer.

The car phone rang several times, but the man seemed not to notice.

No matter

No matter if it was work-related or calls from relatives and friends, Gavyn simply didn’t want to answer any of them..

Now, the only image in his mind was that of Aylin.

He couldn’t wait and couldn’t help but want to know everything about her!

Those unanswered questions seemed to wrap around the man’s heart like sulfuric acid, corroding, seeping, and burning, making it difficult for him to sit still.

Of course, Gavyn had no idea that the persistent phone call, which rang over a dozen times before hanging up, was from Laila.

The mansion on the southern coast was the only property Aylin took after the divorce.

Gavyn habitually entered his old password, and the door opened with a “click.” The man’s expression paused for a moment.

The door lock hasn’t been changed?

Gavyn had an indescribable feeling in his heart.

At first, he thought Aylin wanted to sell the house just for the money, since in his mind back then, she was nothing more than a vain material girl.

Later on, he was slapped in the face.

Is she trying to tell him that as the young lady of the Koch family, with a net worth of more than 15 million dollars and countless assets, she wouldn’t even bother with a mere suburban mansion?

Unsolved mysteries and new questions arise, as Gavyn’s mind becomes cluttered with tangled thoughts, causing him to feel a headache.

Until –

Upon entering his home, the feeling of unease in his chest suddenly subsided considerably.

As far as the eye

ould see, the surrounding furniture and furnishings were all very familiar, without any changes. They remained just as they were when the two had parted ways.

The air refracted a faint Tyndall effect, making Gavyn feel as if Aylin had never left.

He looked towards the couch next to the balcony.

The gaze lingers.

Often when he returned home, he would see Aylin curled up there reading a book. Upon seeing him, her eyes would be filled with joy.

“Hubby, have you eaten yet? I’ve been experimenting with a few new dishes today. Would you like

130 Darning to Thair Provinue Shared Homa

97

to give them a try?”

If he drinks alcohol, she will show another side of her, full of worry and concern.

“Hubby, your stomach isn’t great, did the social event today cause your stomach to hurt again? Wait a moment, I’ll get you some medicine.”

But at that time, all he felt for her was disgust.

He refused to eat anything she made or brought, deliberately knocking over the hot water, letting the scalding liquid burn her wrist red.

Her eyes were also tinged with red.

He also felt insincere and, with a cold expression, told her to get out.

Too many memories flooded into Gavyn’s mind, like a surging tidal wave, washing away his sanity.”

He furrowed his brow and clenched his fists tightly, as a throbbing pain began to emerge in his

head.

And it only grew more intense.

Five years ago,

in his head.

he injured his head, but ever since the surgery, he has hardly experienced any pain

He instinctively reached out to press hard on his temples, the pain intensifying his breathing and leaving him unable to speak.