72

Chapter 72 The Flerce and Overprotective Brother

Everyone was astonished, and as they followed the sound, they saw a man dressed in a black baseball uniform striding towards them.

The newcomer was tall and slender, with fair skin and a pair of handsome, delicate eyes filled with anger at the moment. The man walked straight up to Aylin and protectively placed his arm around her, shielding her behind him.

Aylin and he exchanged glances, and she saw in the man’s eyes that said, Don’t be afraid, Robert is

here.

Daniel let out a long sigh of relief. He knew Robert was rushing back, but he didn’t expect him to return so quickly. This was great – with Robert back, no one would dare to offend Aylin again.

Haleigh’s eyes widened as she stared at the newcomer, her eyeballs almost popping out of their

sockets.

She completely ignored the insults directed at her, her heart only filled with the sound of the two names, Robert and Aylin.

Look at that man, with his handsome face and stylish attire, he doesn’t seem like an ordinary person, but rather like a young master from some prominent family. What on earth has Aylin done to bewitch these men, making them line up one after another to be enchanted by her?

Haleigh was not only astonished but also filled with indescribable anger. After leaving Gavyn, this despicable woman had actually seduced so many people! It was even more exaggerated than she had imagined, making her extremely jealous!

Haleigh put her hands on her hips, assuming an elder’s demeanor, and lectured Robert,

“Considering your high social status, how could you be attracted to a woman like that? She’s not only involved with you! That old man beside her is old enough to be her father! She’s just after money and would sell herself for it. Don’t be foolish and associate with such a woman; you might catch a contagious disease!”

Robert hurried over, and before he could even see Aylin, he could hear Haleigh’s frantic screams and roars from afar. The harsh and unpleasant words were simply unbearable to the ears.

Upon hearing and seeing this, it turns out that this woman is the wicked mother-in-law who has been bullying Aylin for the past three years!

How could he bear it any longer!

Robert swiftly rolled up his sleeves and, with a swing of his hand, delivered a heavy slap to Haleigh’s face. The force sent Haleigh stumbling and ultimately falling to their knees on the ground.

“Have you eaten something foul? Keep your mouth clean!”

Chapter 72 The Fience and

Daniel’s eyes widened, Mr. Robert’s protection of Ms. Koch was so cool!

Haleigh was dumbfounded after being hit, and it took her a while to get up. She screamed at the top of her lungs, “You! You actually dared to hit me! Do you know who I am… Ahh!”

With a fierce punch to Haleigh’s left cheek, Robert showed no mercy. “I don’t care who you are! You wicked old woman, how dare you bully Aylin! I’ll beat you to a pulp!”

Haleigh, a wealthy lady who seldom exerted herself physically and had no interest in sports, was no match for Robert. She felt as if she was being hit by one punch after another, as if her old bones

were falling apart.

She clutched her head and wailed with all her might, “This is madness, utter madness! Everyone’s been bewitched by that vixen! I am Mrs. Delacruz, and you’ve offended the Delacruz family! Oh, the Delacruz family won’t let you off easily!”

As soon as the Delacruz family was mentioned, Robert became even more ruthless. He threw an uppercut at the old woman’s right cheek and said, “I’m waiting for the Delacruz family to come find me. When they do, I’ll beat them one by one! Not a single one of them will escape!”

Robert had been exercising and staying fit for years, so his strength was not to be underestimated. With just a few blows, he left Haleigh seeing stars, lying on the ground, holding her head and crying, with sn*t and tears streaming down her face. Every time Haleigh said something, Robert’s punches became heavier and faster. The speed and explosive power clearly showed that he was

holding back a lot of pent-up frustration.

He had thoroughly investigated the Delacruz family, and Aylin’s life with the Delacruz family was simply unbearable!

In the Delacruz family, she had to deal with a difficult Haleigh above her and a bossy Carmen below her. Her husband didn’t show any care or consideration for her, and she had to handle everything herself, doing almost as much work as a maid. Despite all this, her wicked mother-in-law was still

unsatisfied, constantly finding fault with her and even causing trouble after their divorce!

Robert knew he wanted to take down the Delacruz family in one fell swoop!

Aylin had been pampered and adored by her parents and three brothers since she was little. Nathan Gardner and Queenie Gardner, who didn’t have a daughter of their own, treated Aylin almost like their own child, showering her with love and affection. How could they not?

For three years, 365 days a year, Aylin had suffered for over a thousand days. Yet, as her older brother, he had been completely oblivious, unable to offer her any help during those three years. How could his heart not ache for her?

The more Robert thought about it, the angrier he became, and the force in his hands

grew more ruthless. He wanted to vent his guilt and self-blame, and even more so, to avenge Aylin!