153

Aylin fondly recalled Nina sitting by the window, her head lowered as she worked on her embroidery. Her slender neck slightly bent, exuding an unparalleled grace and beauty.

Her voice was filled with emotion as she said, “As long as I can fulfill my mom’s wishes and do what she loves, I’m not afraid of anything!”

Daniel also thought of that stunningly talented person, and as he looked at Aylin, who bore a striking resemblance to Nina, he couldn’t help but feel a sense of being in a different world.

Aylin could also be considered someone he watched grow up. From her clever and adorable childhood to her current astute and capable self, able to hold her own, it’s hard not to exclaim how

time flies.

He reassured her, “Good, since the young lady has such courage and ambition, I will definitely do my best to assist you!”

Daniel’s smile carried a hint of deep emotion. After a moment, he said, “By the way, Ms. Koch, I wasn’t able to make progress on the matter you asked me to investigate earlier.”

Aylin raised an eyebrow and asked, “What do you mean?”

Daniel frowned, reporting his findings from the investigation. “Hanson’s driver seems to have vanished into thin air. I think someone deliberately erased his tracks, and I can’t find his

whereabouts.

As for Hanson, he’s not meddling with the company anymore. I heard he’s been short on cash lately and is thinking about making a living by dealing in antiques.”

“Dealing with antiques?”

Aylin sneered, “He’s neither a history major nor skilled in antique appraisal. With his abilities, he’s bound to lose money sooner or later.”

There was no denying the truth, so the two of them discussed further on how to develop the embroidery project. Finally, Aylin made the decision, “Daniel, you have a wide network and are familiar with New York. I’ll leave the market research and survey tasks to you.”

Daniel patted his chest confidently, “Don’t worry, Ms. Koch, I used to do this kind of work!”

Before leaving, Daniel reminded Aylin a few more times to eat well and not to overwork herself. After saying this, he gently closed the door and left with a sense of relief.

After Daniel left, Aylin was the only one remaining in the spacious CEO’s office. Having just experienced a brainstorming session, she leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes to rest.

A sound suddenly rang out.

The sound of a push notification from the mobile phone interrupted this brief moment of

relaxation.

Aylin picked up her phone and saw the financial news.

It wrote: [The CEO of the Delacruz Group generously donated three Hope Primary Schools to impoverished counties, stating that children are the hope of the nation.]

Aylin raised her eyebrows.

She casually scrolled through the comments, noticing that the Delacruz Group’s reputation, which had taken a hit due to the recent grand wedding, had already made a swift turnaround.

In the comments section, people are praising Gavyn for his kindness, saying that he is a conscientious entrepreneur who knows how to give back to society. The charitable deeds done by the Delacruz family in the past have also been brought to light and are highly commended.