124

Chapter 124 Men Are Despicable Creatures

Atop the towering cliff, the chilly wind blew fiercely, causing Laila to shiver involuntarily.

Gavyn’s words were like a bolt from the blue, ruthlessly striking her from head to toe, completely shattering her beautiful dream!

Gavyn coldly turned around and left.

Laila suddenly snapped out of her daze and, lifting her skirt, took a quick step forward to grab Gavyn’s wrist. “Gavyn, I… I truly love you. Those were mistakes I made because I didn’t know any better. Can you please forgive me?”

“Gavyn, I won’t lie anymore, please give me another chance. I really want to marry you…”

However, no matter how tearfully beautiful she cried, Gavyn remained stoic, not even sparing her a glance from the corner of his eye.

Gavyn coldly shook off the woman’s hand, and as she tried to chase after him, her high heels struggled on the rugged mountain path. In a moment of carelessness, she twisted her ankle.

Laila cried out in pain, “Ouch, it hurts so much…”

Gavyn didn’t even look back at her as she collapsed to the ground, crying.

“Gavyn! Gavyn!”

Heart, never before has there been such pain and panic.

Laila had a breakdown.

Her hair bun was disheveled, and her makeup smeared from crying. She slumped on the ground, despair clinging to her like a deep-rooted ulcer, spreading throughout her body in an instant, leaving her hands and feet ice cold.

As she watched Gavyn’s indifferent figure walking away, she knew in her heart that her meticulously planned wedding was completely ruined!

She could no longer become Mrs. Delacruz!

She was so full of hatred!

She was filled with regret!

If only I had known better not to take photos and videos with Bob, I wouldn’t have given people something to talk about today.

But she had clearly tried her best to destroy those past memories. Why, oh why, did fate insist on standing in her way like this!

This is all the result of her painstaking efforts!

Laila couldn’t understand and broke down in tears, her eyeliner smudging as the tears flowed, turning into two long, black streaks like earthworms beneath her eyes.

Suddenly, a wave of commotion approached. She looked up in confusion, only to see a swarm of reporters carrying cameras and microphones rushing towards her!

No, no, she can’t be shown on television in such a disheveled state right now!

Laila mustered all her strength to prop up her limp body, enduring the pain in her ankle as she hobbled away from the scene.

As she ran and cried, her heart filled with anger and grievances turned into tears. When Laila reached the foot of the mountain and confirmed that the reporters hadn’t followed her, she broke down once again, forcefully pulling at her own hair.

In the depths of despair, she thought of someone.

Trembling, she took out her phone and dialed the other party’s number. “Hello, Auntie, I… I can’t

go on like this anymore…”

The woman across from her listened quietly to her sobs for five minutes before she lazily spoke up,

her tone carrying the unique charm of a middle-aged woman, “I saw the live broadcast.”

Laila’s eyes were red from crying, “What should I do now? Auntie… Gavyn said he wants to break up with me, and all my painstaking plans will be ruined…”

A soft scoff came from the other side, “Is that all it takes? Some old videos got you down? Don’t

worry, once this storm blows over, you’ll still have a chance to be Mrs. Delacruz.”

“Really?”

Laila’s eyes suddenly lit up, but then dimmed again, “It’s impossible. Gavyn knows everything now. He must think I’m tainted…”

The woman sneered disdainfully, “Dirty? What do you mean by dirty? Is it that Gavyn has only slept with one woman? If you want to talk about dirty, hmph, men are always judging women, but in reality, they are the dirtiest themselves!”

Laila hesitated for a moment, “But…”

“But there are so many ‘buts’!”

The woman, unable to bear the interruption, earnestly shared her wisdom, “Laila, you have to believe me, men are all despicable creatures. Do you really think they like clean and virtuous women?”