141

Chapter 141 Presenting a Gift on One Knee
Aylin was still unaware that her house had been invaded.
David’s driving skills were excellent, steady and fast. In no time, he arrived at the Koch’s home.
As soon as she entered, Robert came forward with a fruit plate, “Aylin, you’re finally back. I was s0 worried about you at home. How was it? Did that guy give you a hard time?”
“No.”
Aylin popped a large cherry into her mouth, “The issue has been resolved. Old Mr. Delacruz is fine. They wouldn’t dare to do anything to me.”
Robert snorted coldly.
“They better not even think about trying anything. If they dare to make a move, I’ll blow the roof off the Delacruz’s home!”
But he still couldn’t help but worry. He put down the fruit, pulled Aylin to sit on the couch, and looked at her intently. “Aylin, tell me the truth, did they really not give you a hard time? If they didn’t, why were you gone for so long?
I was really cutting it close, you know! If you had come back ten minutes later, I would have had to go rescue someone!”
Listening to the tone, it’s just like David.
Everyone considered the Delacruz’s home to be a den of dragons and tigers.
“Seriously, do you think any of the Delacruz family members could beat your sister?”
Robert had no reply to that.
Not much at all!
Robert felt much more relieved, “What about that jerk Gavyn? He hasn’t been bothering you again, has he?”
Now that Aylin has become so beautiful, what will that guy do to rekindle the old flame?
He really needs to find out more about it.
Aylin didn’t want to say too much and make Robert angry, so she shook her head and said, “No, I made it very clear to him that we should have less contact in the future, and it’s best to sever all ties!”
Robert nodded, about to say something, when suddenly John entered from the courtyard, his gaze on Aylin with a complex expression.
“What’s wrong?”
“Ms. Koch, there’s a gentleman outside looking for you, claiming to be your friend.” John recalled. the scene in the courtyard and hesitated for a moment, “Quite an impressive entourage…”
John has been working for the Koch family for decades and has seen a lot in his time, always remaining calm in the face of change. For him to mention a “impressive,” it must be far from
simple.
Robert raised his eyebrows in surprise and glanced at Aylin, “Aylin, is this your friend?”
Aylin was also puzzled, “No one informed me, John!”
As she raised her hand, John promptly let go of the person.
“Ms. Koch, long time no see!”
ww
The door was pushed open, and there stood Waylon, walking in against the light.
Wearing pitch-black sunglasses and a cool, gray-black leather jacket, he took off his shades upon
seeing Aylin. With a charming twi nkle in his eyes, he flashed her a hearty smile.
As a fellow man, Robert narrowed his eyes, trusting his intuition.
It seemed as though Waylon was completely oblivious to the danger. He casually ran his hand.
through his hair and, with a grand wave of his hand, snapped his fingers, “Bring it all in!”
In the next moment, a group of burly men dressed as security guards entered in a single file, each carrying a gift. They consciously arranged themselves into several rows.
In the front row, they knelt on one knee, presenting the exquisite gifts for everyone to see.
The exaggerated posture was so striking that it left Aylin dumbfounded.
She finally understood why John’s expression was at a loss for words when he said this person “puts on a big show.” It was as if they had moved the entire mall in here!
“Ms. Koch, I came here today specifically to express my gratitude. Please accept this small token of appreciation.”
Waylon clapped his hands, and the burly men seemed to have received a command. They carefully opened the gifts and gently arranged them on the pure wool carpet.
Yves Saint Laurent’s powder crystal necklace, Hermes’ globally limited red-soled stilettos, and designer-exclusive fishtail slit gowns… New York has all the luxury items you could imagine, with most of them being limited editions. Even with money in hand, it’s not guaranteed that you can get your hands on these styles.
Aylin looked up faintly, “What is this?”
Get Bonus
Waylon earnestly said, “If it weren’t for you that day, I don’t know what would have happened to my grandfather. You are his lifesaver, so you must accept this small gift.”
The housekeeper next door was speechless.
Is this called “a little gift”? The living room, which is 2,150 square feet, is almost filled to the brim!
Luxury items were given away like cabbages, Waylon sure was generous!
And that’s not all. After Waylon finished speaking, he clapped his hands towards the outside and shouted.
“Harold, it’s your turn.”
The person who entered was none other than Harold, the Kline family’s driver who had stopped Aylin from saving someone that day. He was also Wesley’s trusted confidant.
He entered the room with utmost respect, holding a small square box in his hands. Upon seeing Aylin, he bowed deeply.
“Ms. Koch, I acted impulsively and offended you that day. I apologize to you once again, I’m sorry!”