123

Chapter 123 It Is Over Between Them

Steve happily followed Aylin as she left, ignoring anyone who called out, to him. Seeing this, Alfred quickly caught up with them.

Haleigh was furious, stomping her feet in frustration. Carmen, standing beside her, tried to

comfort her by patting her back. However, this had absolutely no effect on Haleigh!

As she turned her head, she focused her gaze on Laila, who was beside her.

When Laila arrived, she was disheveled from her journey. She hadn’t had time to change out of her wedding dress, and her hair was a mess. To others, she might have appeared fragile and pitiful, but to Haleigh, she looked unbearably disgusting.

This green tea looks more and more like that enchanting fox spirit the longer I gaze upon it!

It’s all because of Laila that she was ridiculed by Aylin!

“How dare you show your face here, you heartless and ungrateful wretch! I can’t believe I was so good to you, and it was all a lie. You’re nothing but a fraud!”

Haleigh rushed up and slapped her across the face.

Bang!

Laila was stunned and her weak spot was hit, causing her face to suddenly turn pale.

Swindler, she had indeed done too many deceitful things. These two characters were like two thorns, piercing her heart. Whenever they were mentioned, the thorns would sink in deeper, driving her mad with pain.

But she could only bear it, “No, Mrs. Delacruz, it’s my aunt who’s the mistress, not me. She has a bad reputation, and I’ve never associated with her! Really!”

Bang!

t

Haleigh’s anger surged, and she slapped the person again, exclaiming, “You still want to deceive me after everything that’s happened!”

“You’ve messed everything up and exposed it all, yet you still think you’re something special! You’re just like your aunt, a whole family of lowlifes!”

Laila was repeatedly hit, and her gentle disguise could no longer hold up. Seeing Haleigh raise her hand again, she instinctively raised her own hand and began to push and shove with Haleigh.

Haleigh stumbled from the push, fire raging in her eyes, “How dare you hit me!”

She rushed forward and fiercely pinched a handful of tender flesh on Laila’s arm, roaring in anger. Laila, in extreme pain, furrowed her brows and screamed, “You hit me first!”

“Then you’re not allowed to fight back!”

As soon as Carmen saw her mother at a disadvantage, she put down her handbag and rushed over to pull Laila’s hair. “Shameless woman, how dare you hit my mom? Go to hell!”

She used to like Laila, her future sister-in-law, so much, but now she detests her just as much. It’s all because of this despicable woman that their family was made a fool of, causing her to lose face at the wedding ceremony!

Laila cried out in pain, “You can’t tell right from wrong, I’m innocent!”

The three of them were going back and forth, arguing so intensely that they couldn’t come to an

agreement.

“Enough!”

With a cold voice, Gavyn directly suppressed the three of them.

“Arguing here, aren’t you ashamed?”

The man’s words caused Haleigh and Carmen to stop their hands, halting their preparations for a three-hundred-round battle.

Fearing Gavyn’s authority, the two glared at Laila fiercely and said, “I’m telling you, I won’t let someone like you in again!”

After finishing speaking, the two of them walked away hand in hand, exuding an air of pride.

Laila was left standing there, her hair disheveled, her white gauze dress covered in dust, and the corner of her mouth scratched and swollen. Her face was bruised and discolored.

She was so embarrassed.

But her anxiety grew even more, thinking about her wedding and her position as Mrs. Delacruz!

Catching a glimpse of Gavyn about to leave, Laila hurried over, almost tripping and stumbling in her haste. She looked up at Gavyn, pleadingly explaining, “Gavyn, both Mom and Carmen have misunderstood me. If you misunderstand me too, I really won’t be able to go on living!”

Gavyn stood on higher ground, looking down at her with an expressionless face.

Laila bit her lip, looking somewhat anxious, and said, “Gavyn, think about it, why did Grandpa suddenly want to jump into the sea, and why did he stop when Aylin arrived?”

“It must… it must be Aylin’s doing!”

The more she thought about it, the more she became convinced that this was the truth. It was Aylin’s jealousy that had caused all of this behind her back. In an instant, the hatred in her heart surged like a wildfire!

‘Gavyn, it must be Aylin. It’s her, she’s jealous that I can marry you, so she caused chaos at the wedding and spread false rumors with fake videos. None of this is true, it must be her doing!”

“As for my aunt’s situation, I really don’t know anything about it. We don’t interact much, so it’s not fair to say I’m not good just because of her…”

As Laila spoke, large tears streamed down her cheeks.

It looked extremely fragile and helpless.

“Gavyn, you have to believe me! No one hates me as much as Aylin does, and she’s the one causing all this trouble. She’s determined to ruin our wedding, not wanting to see either of us happy. She doesn’t want us to get married, and you can’t let her scheme succeed.”

“Conspiracy?”

Gavyn’s eyes drooped, his gaze growing increasingly cold and detached.

He had always despised deception, but now, not only did Laila show no remorse, she even

continued to slander Aylin.

“Laila, I’m not a fool.”

The man’s unfathomable eyes coldly swept over the kneeling woman before him, feeling an overwhelming sense of unfamiliarity.

Once upon a time, there was a girl who was pure and kind, so pristine that it seemed as if not a single speck of impurity tainted her. But now, it seems that she has become a hazy illusion.

The girl standing before him, with her mouth full of lies, sent a chill down his spine.

After a while, the man spoke, his voice cold and disappointed, “Laila, I won’t marry you anymore. This agreement ends here.”