158

The event organizer finished displaying all the exhibits, and Ryker hurriedly stepped down from the stage, changed his clothes, and rushed over with a chocolate cake he had ordered in advance. “Aylin, I left in such a hurry earlier that I didn’t have time to give this to you. Here, you must be hungry after sitting for so long, right?”

Ryker sat back down next to Aylin, smiling sweetly, “I ordered this from your favorite place outside. Give it a try.”

Aylin was touched by his actions, “You’re so thoughtful.”

“What’s the big deal? If you like it, I’ll buy it for you every day.”

Ryker leaned in slightly, and the two chatted casually as if no one else was around, creating a harmonious and content atmosphere. “Aylin has spent so much money on me; doing these things is the least I can do to repay her.”

Aylin looked at his downcast expression, which resembled a big golden retriever, and couldn’t help but touch it gently, “This necklace is indeed beautiful, I like it too, and besides, you deserve these.

You work diligently and have achieved success in your career, which brings me great comfort.”

The two of them were chatting away, completely oblivious to Gavyn’s sullen expression nearby.

Gavyn’s jaw was clenched tightly.

Waylon happily slapped his thigh and sent another message.

He wrote: [Fine, he took my spot, and now I have to watch them being all lovey-dovey up close. Tsk, just look at this. You didn’t want her back then, but now another man is holding her in the palm of his hand.]

Gavyn’s face darkened, his chest heaving with each breath. He immediately shot Waylon a sharp glance and gritted his teeth, mouthing, “Shut up!”

He can see!

The exhibition in the main hall was in full swing.

Aylin and Ryker sat close together, their proximity allowing them to appreciate and critique the exquisite art pieces on display. Both of them possessed exceptional artistic skills, which made their shared experience even more enjoyable.

The model displayed a stunning and transparent natural aquamarine bracelet on her wrist. Aylin took a moment to carefully examine it before turning to Ryker to speak.

“This string of beads has a nice color, but they’re a bit far apart, so it’s hard to tell the quality. If there’s cotton, the price could be lowered a bit.”

Aylin’s voice wasn’t very loud, and the sound of the host introducing the exhibits echoed throughout the venue.

Ryker leaned in closer to hear more clearly, “Indeed, but it also depends on the region it’s from. Such things don’t hold their value well. If the quality and origin aren’t good, It’s easy to get an

inflated price.”

From another person, especially Gavyn’s point of view.

What I saw was Ryker grinning from ear to ear, getting close to Aylin and acting affectionate. They whispered to each other, almost as if they were rubbing their ears together.

Gavyn took Waylon’s seat, and not a single person around dared to speak to him.

He wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone.

So, his attention was entirely focused on Aylin.

Gavyn’s face grew darker and darker as he watched the woman daring to ignore him. Even though he was sitting right beside her, she turned her head and laughed merrily with another man!