113

Chapter 113 The Best Is Yet to Come

Robert looked at his sister with a hint of surprise.

These days, whenever Aylin mentioned the Delacruz family, her expression was either one of

disgust or resistance, never a pleasant one.

Robert almost thought the Delacruz family was a den of wolves and tigers. Surprisingly, there was someone who could receive positive praise from his own Aylin!

“It seems that there are still clear-headed people in the Delacruz family. Old Mr. Delacruz, who has eaten rice for decades, probably saw that woman was no good, so he didn’t go!” said Robert.

After a pause, Robert squinted and said, “Aylin, since Old Mr. Delacruz doesn’t like Laila, that means he appreciates you, right?”

Upon hearing this, Aylin’s cold eyes softened a bit.

“Um.”

Robert felt greatly relieved that, during such a difficult time for Aylin, there was finally a sensible

elder who could protect her a bit.

But soon, the man’s expression darkened again.

What’s the use of having understanding and reasonable elders? With a husband who can’t tell right from wrong, a mother-in-law with a heart of a snake and scorpion, a cunning and arrogant sister-in-law, and an outside mistress who’s a master of playing the innocent victim!

“Old Mr. Delacruz has a keen eye, much better than his grandson, who’s blind and stupid!”

Robert gently stroked Aylin’s head and said with compassion, “You’ve really been through a lot in these three years, Aylin.”

The past is like a wisp of smoke, too painful to look back on. Once those bitter memories are mentioned, they surge forth like water from a floodgate, impossible to contain.

Aylin smiled gently and said softly, “It’s all in the past now. I’m very happy to have you all by my

side, and I’m not afraid of anything anymore.”

Robert’s fist clenched discreetly, and he confidently said, “Don’t worry, Aylin. The best is yet to

come.”

Picking up the phone, a message was sent to a mysterious chat box.

“Now, hand over the documents to Alfred inside, the old man wearing a brown vest at twelve o’clock! I’m going to give Gavyn a good slap in the face!”

Gavyn’s swift and decisive actions quickly restored order to the wedding scene.

And he also won the hearts of many famous ladies in the audience!

Young girls admired Laila for marrying Gavyn, while slightly older wealthy ladies envied Haleigh for having such an outstanding and capable son, as well as a beautiful and gentle daughter-in-law.

Haleigh was enjoying the attention and ‘friendly intentions’ of the noble ladies, feeling extremely delighted in her heart.

So what if she was once looked down upon by a few wealthy ladies for stealing paintings? She gave birth to a wonderful son! A mother’s worth is determined by her child, and among those present who are mothers themselves, who would dare not to hold her in high regard?

Carmen chuckled, “Mom, even Mrs. Hepburn’s eyes were wide open in surprise.”

Jessica was once one of the people who mocked Haleigh. She was really looking forward to laughing at Haleigh and watching her make a fool of herself. However, she didn’t expect Gavyn to solve the problem so swiftly. Not only did she not get to see the joke, but it also left her feeling quite

frustrated.

Both were raised by their parents, but it’s hard to believe that Haleigh, who clearly has a foolish look on her face, could give birth to such a handsome and intelligent son!

Upon hearing her daughter’s words and seeing Jessica’s downcast face, Haleigh couldn’t help but feel smug. She deliberately raised her voice and said, “Well, just look! It’s all because my son is so outstanding! Being outstanding means he deserves admiration, right?”

Sitting not far away, Jessica had just picked up her tea to take a sip when she heard this remark, and

she almost choked on the water.

Jessica was standing right next to her daughter Felicia Felicia glared at Haleigh, and Carmen,

without any hesitation, shot back a sharp glare in return.

“My brother is awesome, you don’t agree? Just hold it in!

Carmen knew that Felicia also had an older brother, but he was the kind who couldn’t be helped, always indulging in eating, drinking, and having fun. He had caused the Hepburn family no small. amount of trouble, constantly having to clean up his messes.

Her brother, on the other hand, is quite different he’s both handsome and capable!

Carmen leaned back in her seat, her eyes and eyebrows full of pride.

On stage, Laila was equally delighted. She looked at the envious expressions of the crowd and proudly raised her chin. The earlier mishap was just a minor hiccup, nothing to be afraid of!

Soon, she will be Mrs. Delacruz.

All the women in New York would envy her!

The tall and handsome man stood beside her, and Laila felt a sweet warmth in her heart. She playfully clung to Gavyn and said, “Gavyn, thanks to you, we managed to turn a dangerous situation into a safe one today. Otherwise, I might have developed a fear of marriage.”

“I was quite scared just now…”

The woman’s almond-shaped eyes were filled with a gentle light, easily stirring a man’s desire to protect her.

She just wanted the man to feel sorry for her, but she didn’t expect –

“Sorry, I was careless today and couldn’t give you a pleasant experience. If you’re feeling unwell, we can postpone the wedding and let you rest for a couple more days,” Gavyn said.

For some reason, when the wedding march started playing again, his right eyelid kept twitching non-stop, giving him an inexplicable sense of unease.

Gavyn’s tone was filled with concern, but to Laila, it felt as if a thunderbolt had struck the depths of

her heart!

“No way!”

Laila eagerly held back the words from slipping out.

Seeing the man’s puzzled gaze, Laila concealed her inner panic and explained, “I’m fine now.”

“Really, it’s okay. Don’t force yourself.”

“It’s really okay, Gavyn. What happened earlier is in the past, and I’m not scared anymore. Order has been restored, and all the guests have arrived. It wouldn’t be right to suddenly call it off now…”

Laila bit her lip, her watery eyes timidly looking up at Gavyn, appearing quite pitiful. “Mainly, I don’t want to trouble you and Auntie anymore. Auntie and Carmen have put a lot of effort into this. wedding. I can hold on, and I’ve even prepared a surprise for you.”

Gavyn looked at the woman’s tears, which seemed to fall but didn’t. For some reason, the image of Aylin’s eyes filled with tears of grievance suddenly appeared before him.

How had he never noticed before that their eyes were actually quite similar?