108

Chapter 108 Chaos at the Wedding 1

At this moment, in the hotel’s back office.

Carmen held Laila’s hand, looking her up and down with eyes full of admiration.

“Laila, you look absolutely stunning today. You have no idea how many women in the audience can’t take their eyes off you. Everyone is talking about how beautiful your wedding dress is it’s simply perfect!”

“No way, Carmen, you’ll definitely look even more beautiful than me on your wedding day.”

Laila covered her mouth with a smile, her words modest, but deep down, her heart was already

filled with joy.

Upon hearing about marriage, Carmen thought for a moment and then pursed her lips and sighed, “My brother is one of a kind in this world. After seeing so many people, I think no one can compare to him… You’re so lucky to be marrying him. I bet there are enough people envying you today to circle the Earth!”

Laila’s face was filled with happiness, “That’s true, meeting Gavyn has been my greatest blessing. But Carmen, you’re so outstanding, I’m sure you’ll find your perfect match too!”

“My brother is great, but only someone as outstanding as you, Laila, is worthy of him. Not like that country bumpkin he was forced to marry before. I was too embarrassed to even invite her to the wedding. Such a disgrace! If the guests saw her, it would tarnish the reputation of our Delacruz family!”

Carmen wore a look of disdain, while Laila was overjoyed inside. She only wished Carmen could say something even more offensive and contemptuous.

Aylin can never compare to me!

Laila gave a wry smile, “She did those wrong things because she also liked Gavyn… I hope she can

repent in the future, sigh…”

“Laila, you’re just too kind-hearted. What kind of person is that despicable woman? I feel disgusted even mentioning her; she can’t compare to you in any way.” Carmen touched Laila’s dress hem, “Just like this wedding dress you’re wearing today, it would be a waste if she wore it! With her vulgar and materialistic nature, even wearing a wedding dress would make her look like a nouveau. riche! Where can she find the elegance and nobility of someone like you, who has learnt dance?”

Remembering Aylin’s simple and plain attire when she was a housewife, Carmen couldn’t help but laugh with a face full of disdain.

“I don’t even know which old man’s bed she climbed into to sell herself, just to barely get a few nice clothes. You don’t know, she never used to dress up at home, she was so plain and dowdy. And she dared to have thoughts about my brother? It’s laughable!”

The two of them tried hard to suppress their laughter, taking pleasure in belittling Aylin.

Haleigh had also met Laila’s parents and found the Marsh family to be quite well-mannered and cultured, making them a fitting match for the Delacruz family.

After the two in-laws took their seats, Haleigh came over and said, “What are you talking about that’s making you so happy? My dear daughter-in-law, it’s almost time, let’s go.”

After saying that, she playfully glared at Carmen, “At this time, you’re still clinging to Laila, not even bothering to help keep an eye on the time.”

Carmen pouted, “I just want to chat with Laila a bit more.”

“Mom, it’s just that I was so engrossed in my conversation with Carmen. I’m coming now,” Laila said, lifting her skirt and slowly walking up the steps.