chapter 3

I packed up all my stuff in a duffel bag. The past few days, one of my close friends and her mom helped me pack up the stuff in the house and put it in storage. I had a small duffle bag with some of my clothes and closest possessions.

And the envelope with my life in it.

I would take the train to the city. My friend dropped me off and I bid them a goodbye.

"Don't forget to call us when you arrive" Olivia told me as she gave me one last hug. I nodded to her

"Thank you for everything" I told her as tears filled my eyes. She'd been there with me through everything. I'm so grateful for her.

"That's what best friends are for" she hugged me back.

And soon I was on my way.

I hopped on the train and took a seat towards the window. As the towns passed through the glass, I began to think about how I ended up here.

So many things changed in the past few weeks. My life completely turned upside down. I was nervous where I would end up.

My stomach rumbling brought me out of my thoughts. Since everything happened, self care wasn't at the top of my list. My already small frame got significantly smaller, as I couldn't stomach a proper meal without sobbing profusely.

When my grandma was around, she always made sure I ate. I was born 2 months early, contributing to my small frame. She always worried about me eating enough.

The far buildings eventually got taller, indicating we were getting closer to the city.

I grabbed my bag and stood up to walk to the exit. When the train stopped, I walked out the train.

As soon as I exited Grand Central Station, the city air hit my face. It was a whole new world.

I quickly pulled up the address he gave me and saw that it was a 40 minute walk from the station. I selected "go" and made my way through the city.

I walked through the busy sidewalks. Tons of people walking by, all with a different agenda. Id never been around so many people in my life before.

The sky thundered from above. The grey clouds got progressively darker. It was going to pour any second.

I tried walked faster, but that wasn't enough. It started to rain heavily.

I could've just gone inside a coffee shop, but I was so close to the place that I just wanted to get there.

Within 15 more minutes, I finally arrived. I looked up, and a tall skyscraper caught my view. I confirmed it was the same address given to me. I looked around and didn't see anyone.

I went into the lobby. As I entered, my mouth dropped in awe. The lobby looked magnificent. A modern touchy look covered the whole lobby. Detailed designs lined the marble walls.

This was millionaire shit.

I looked around and saw nobody waiting.

Impatiently, I decided to call him again.

"Yes" the voice answered.

"I-I'm I-in at the place where you said to meet me" I told him, my voice shivering. My whole body was covered in the shakes from the rain. I was so cold. I turned to a mirror and saw my lips were turning blue.

I looked like a crazy person. My hair and clothes soaking wet. Thank god my bag was waterproof, meaning everything would be dry.

"I'm coming" he said, and hung up.

Gosh. This was it. This was the moment I'd come face to face with my father.