chapter 37

Ronan
I got off my phone call, and immediately started to get ready. I was called into the emergency room to treat some wounded men.

Grey and I made eye contact and he gave me a slight nod. A nod that signaled "go" and "I've got everything handled here"

I grabbed my stethoscope and ran out to the elevators.

About a few hours later, I finished suturing up patients. Thankfully there was no one who was in critical condition, which made things a lot easier.

I walked into the apartment, where I saw Grey sitting on the sofa, on his laptop. I grabbed mine and joined him to complete some work.

Charlotte

I laid on the floor upstairs, sobbing into a pillow. The pain was beyond berable now and I would do anything to make it stop. It felt like my insides had been torn into different pieces and I couldn't take it anymore.

I decided it was time to tell.

Painfully, I got up and made my way downstairs, one hand holding my ribs and the other holding the railing. I could barely keep myself up.

As I made my way down, I saw both Uncle Grey and my dad laying lazily on the couch doing work on their laptop. My dad immediately sat up when as he heard me step down the stairs.

"Hey, Char-" he started off but his face and voice immediately switched to concern when he saw my face.

"What's wrong?" he asked in a concerned voice, his whole demeanor changing.

Within seconds, he was at my side, holding me up. As soon as those words came out my mouth, concern immediately flashed on Uncle Grey's face too, and he too was at my side in a heartbeat holding me up as well.

More sobs erupted from my throat. "I-it hurts"

Both of their faces had a shocked, but serious expression. My dad picked me up and laid me on the couch, where he sat by my side. He gently rubed. a few pieces of hair from my sweaty face.

"What hurts, sweetheart- You could tell us." he said softly as he tried to coax the truth out of me.

"My entire torso" I cried out.

Without missing a beat, Uncle Grey gently moved my hands from my abdomen, and started to lift my shirt up. As soon as he did, a expression full of horror and anger flashed across his face. "Char, who did this?" he immedately asked, as if he couldn't believe his eyes.

When I made eye contact with my dad, his face also displayed a mix of emotions. I could see hurt but I also saw immediate anger.

"Who the fuck did this Char?" he said as he passed his hands over the bruises. Each tender spot he hit made me whimper a little, but I was trying to hold it in as much as I could.

Uncle Grey started to press on my ribs and stomach tenderly and gently, assessing the damage done. He had a serious expression on his face that meant business.

My dad on the other hand kept focusing on the discoloration as if he was still having trouble believing what was in front his eyes.

"I-I don't get how this happened" my dad commented in disbelief.

"That kid from the library the other day. The one who I stood up to, he did this" I told him in between breaths. Each breath became harder by the second.

His face immediately contorted into anger.

"We've gotta take her to the medical wing, there's some serious damage done and I can't asses it all from here." Grey told my dad.

He nodded and gently picked me up and we made our way to the elevator. I leaned my head on my dad's shoulder.

"I-im so sorry dad. He told me not to say anything or else he'd do stuff" I sobbed into his shoulder. I felt him stiffen.

At the sight of my tears, his demeanor immediately softened. "It's okay, love. Let's focus on you first and we'll deal with him later." He told me in a soft voice.

A/N hehe enjoy! :)