chapter 34

Charlotte

I was so thankful my dad was home. It made me realize how much I missed him. Spending time with my grandparents was amazing. But I was happy to have him home again.

My dad and I sat down on the couch before I had to go to the libary for another study session with the other online kids. We were going through his snapchat album of funny videos he took of the guys on the trip.

There were a ton of Alex and Luca dancing after a couple drinks, making us laugh so hard.

"I thought you were too old to use snapchat" i joked out to him with a small smile.

He looked at me hurt for a second before narrowing his eyes. "I'm not too old for snapchat! I probably have higher streaks than you" he told me in a challenging voice.

I started to crack up. "Okay dad" I smiled at him.

"We should probably head to the library before it starts to rain." he suggested. I noddded and grabbed my bag, ready to head out. He walked me to the library and made sure i was okay before he bid me goodbye. I walked in and placed my bag down near a few of the girls from last time and then headed to the bathroom.

After finishing, I was making my way back to the tables when all of a sudden, my head made contact with the wall.

I groaned in immense pain, and before I could realize who or what was happening to me, another hit landed on my ribs.

And then my stomach.

And soon I was on the floor, coughing so hard. I finally was able to look up and my eyes met some angry blue ones.

Jackson.

"Why hello there, Charlotte. Did you miss me? That's because your dad's goons broke my ribs. How does it feel?" he asked me as he turned his head to the side with an evil smile.

"What the fuck is your problem Jackson?" I groaned out as I held my ribs. There was no way they weren't broken. I was in so much pain.

"My problem was you. You opening your big mouth. This gets out to no one otherwise there will be hell to pay" he sneared at me. He then bent down close to my ear and whispered "Know whose boss around here, got it?" and walked away like nothing happened.

Tears filled my eyes. I couldnt stop coughing up blood. I felt like shit.

But I couldn't let anyone know. God forbid I do and I end up 10x worse. I was too afraid to risk it.

I made my way back into the bathroom and cleaned myself up as best as I could. It took me almost 30 minuted to do so as every little movement made pain soar through my bones. Thank god I had a jacket on which could hopefully hide my injuries.

I made it back to the library table and Jackson was nowhere to be seen. I spent about an hour working as best as I could, despite the agony, when the library was set to close.

My dad met me outside and greeted me with a smile. "How was the session, sweetheart?" he smiled to me.

I remembered Jackson's words and tensed. "It was good" I told him and gave him back a small smile.

And we made our way back to his apartment. I was praying he wouldn't find out.