chapter 32

Ronan
Everything was going great in Dubai. After all, it was my hometown. I didn't mind spending time here.

But I missed Charlotte a ton. My mom called me in the middle of the night last night (thanks to the time change) and told me about their great evening. She also sent me a picture of dad and Char laying down on the couch together fast asleep. Charlotte's head was on his lap, as he placed a protective arm around her.

Happiness filled through me as she got closer to my parents. I was nervous at first, but I can tell they'll be wrapped around her finger in no time.

Last night the boys and I went out to a hookah bar that overlooked the Buraj Khalifa. It was so relaxing and it was a nice time to catchup with the guys.

I couldn't shake thinking about Charlotte often though. I was intoxicated, and there I was still worrying about her.

I suddenly feel sorry for all the times I went out and left my parents at home to worry.

Damn. Karma's a bitch.

We were currently on our second meeting of today with a supplier. It was going well, but his assistant was plain irritating.

My patience was running low.

"So Astor, I heard you have a daughter" the boss told me with a smile, as he sat back and smoked a cigar.

"I do" I said as I watched him intently, seeing where he was gonna go with this.

"How's the dad life? You getting adjusted?" He probed.

I nodded but kept a deep stare focused on him. "It's going good." I told him.

"Bullshit. You don't know anything about being a dad." His assistant scoffed out.

My hand suddenly found my holster on the side of my waist.

I cannot hurt him.

"Who the fuck are you to talk?" I asked him in a calm tone. "You got an army or something?" I asked with a sarcastic look.

"Actually I do. You know nothing about raising children. You can't call yourself a dad when you've only been her parent for a couple weeks"

This guy had a set of balls on him for sure.

I nodded. "I can't speak for your kids, but I can speak for mine. Even though she's only been with me for a little bit, I already know everything about her. I know what food she likes, when she's uncomfortable, and most importantly, when she feels unsafe. I may have not known her for a long time- but as her father, I'll love and protect her until the end. Time doesn't make a father. Love and instinct does. Now watch your fucking self" I seethed out to him.

He stayed silent and said nothing.

Good.

Soon the meeting was over and we all left. As predicted, we headed to the nearest bar to let of some steam. I sat down and waived down the bartender to give us a bottle of Macallan.

Grey sat next to me. "You good?" he asked me, knowing that I'm the last one to loose their temper.

"Yes, he just pissed me off"

"He probably doesn't know shit about being a father and just wanted to rile you up. Don't let him get to you" he said as he took a sip of his whisky.

" you're right"

Charlotte

The glimpse of sunlight that cracked through the windows woke me up. I looked over to the clock and it was about 10am. I remember falling asleep at the end of the movie last night and then magically making it to my bed.

I got up and did my usual morning routine. I threw on some sweatpants and a sweater and made my way downstairs.

Of course, grandma Aliya already had a gourmet breakfast prepared. A series of fruits, waffles, pancakes, eggs, quiches and pastries lined the table.

You could've sweared she was preparing for a party.

"Good morning, sweetheart. Have a seat and start to dig in! I can get you something to drink. What would you like?"

"Water please, and grandma this is amazing. But whose going to eat all of this?"

"Oh sweetheart, don't worry about that. I always make extras for everyone. I'll share it across the building!"

I nodded. "This looks amazing" I told her as I plated out some food. Grandpa soon came and joined us at the table, but not without wishing me a good morning and giving me a small kiss on my head.

"She always overcooks, Char." He smiled out. "You'll be full for days after eating her delicious food"

"It tastes fabulous, oh my gosh."I told him as I placed a piece of waffle in my mouth.

"She's an amazing cook" he replied back as he looked to her with adoration.

"Compliments to the chef"

"Thank you guys, now hurry up and eat so we can get started on our plans today!" She rushed out.

I couldn't wait!